Chapter 17

Chapter 17
Darkened to the core

The beautiful artwork, yes, you guessed it right. Was done by the awesome SamintaIslam12.💚💚💚

So, everyone who couldn't see Rosaline's picture in the previous chapter, it's right above.

30/08

It's not working, the lib is not at all working. I shouldn't have trusted the Sinctures, they lied to me. Aharon is drowning, I'm losing my sweet boy.

Below the hurried writing is a huge water mark and my mind instantly paints a picture of a woman in a blue silky gown, weeping and jotting down the misfortunes thrown at her by the cruel world. A woman crying over the loss of a living child.
But what about us? Who will weep for us and mourn our deaths when our tormented souls finally leave our bodies?
Maybe she doesn't deserve pity. After all, we humans are nothing more than nothing to them.

11/09

It was almost coming together, my sweet boy wore his most beloved colour today, navy. Like the old times, his pupils looked good but the eyes didn't, I see in his eyes what shouldn't be seen in the leader's eyes.
Darkness.

25/11

We have been betrayed. They took the blood away because they knew it was the only weapon we had against them. More than Aharon, I fear for my poor boy Cilak, he is not safe anymore. They can do as they please now, we're both vulnerable without the blood.

"Breakfast will be served in five minutes, failure to be in..." Doesn't Jonathan ever get tired of saying the same thing everyday like a machine? It's even more annoying now that I know he's faking it!

Whose blood? And a weapon against whom? Was it human blood? The one thing I'm certain of is the fact that the journal was written long before they took over, the yellow-brown pages with the ink almost fading out prove that and if it really was human blood, then how was it ever a weapon? Maybe it was used just like I had thought the other night at the party, our blood could be used against them. They need us and what if one day they couldn't reach us, what if they starved?

All these thoughts collide and smash into each other as I absent-mindedly pass through the long hallways, marked by the black, spotless yet cold floors and finally enter the dining hall.

There he is, the boy who once needed saving from himself but now has the world exactly where he once was, the world needs to be saved from him. Why is it so hard to see the innocence mentioned in that journal? This parasitic monster in a turquoise vest and black bootleg jeans could wear a navy blue suit and he'd still be just that, a blood-sucking monster. No matter how many layers I try to remove, Aharon is darkened to the core, his mother was right about that at least.