Chapter 18

Chapter 18
The beautiful prison

The awesome SamintaIslam12 created the awesome artwork with her awesome hands.
Guys please check her drawings out.

03/ 12
It's done, they will all have to forgive me for the secrecy but Cilak will be the King. Aharon is not at all ready, he never will be.

It's a brand new day, the faint chirping of birds in the garden and the golden rays of the sun illuminated on the wooden floor somehow seem foreign and I smile because for a moment, I want to pretend like everything is okay, I want to keep this moment captured somewhere in my head.
This is what I'll always come back to, this serene moment right here that is not at all tainted by my thoughts which are already creeping in and I know in a few minutes I'll be reminded that I'm a slave.

Slavery.

Does slavery solely depend on the power the oppressor holds or is it also dependent on those who let it be thrust upon themselves?

I can't find the answer but I know I will someday.

If my life was a picture, it would be a torn one, all the pieces scattered all over the place and there is nothing I can do about it, everything is left in the hands of other untrustworthy people, the care-group. I wish I could do it all, I wish I could single-handedly save  my sister and take everyone else away from here to a place known by me.
The care-group has disappointed us too many times and honestly, do they really care?
Whenever I'm frustrated, Lin always seems to be around and whether or not he can be trusted, is something yet to be proven.

I knew this would happen, racing thoughts pushing me to restlessness.

___________________

I'm back to reading the old journal after breakfast and the mad King has been awfully quiet in the past days, never even once mentioning the hospital or anything close to it and that worries me more than his brutal exercises on us.

When dealing with a psychopath, you're always on edge trying to read his thoughts, plans and emotions.
His emotions however aren't that much of a secret anymore, the frown always etched on his face and the expressionless unblinking stare at the wall shows the never-ending worry he's constantly in.

06/ 12

Why did I ever agree to marry Raine when I knew exactly what he was? I thought my love would change him but I was so wrong, if only someone had warned the stupid girl I was then. His eyes should be my home, my haven but every time I look into them, my soul slowly leaves my body because of how murderous they are. He kills me every single time and he knows it, he knows I can't even put a spoon of soup in my mouth before having someone test it for poison. I can't even walk outside without a guard beside me.

This by far has to be longest entry in this journal and the irony of this situation astounds me. She was the Queen beside the King and one would think she was the safest person but she wasn't, if anything she was the one in the most hazardous position.
What would I find if somehow I stumbled on Queen Fiona's diary? Is it something all of them go through because if that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised. Queen Fifi always has this terrible sulky expression on her face, most of the time looking like she just drank some bitter gourd.