Chapter 10

Chapter 10
Tribal

jayshree16 thank you soooo much for the elegant drawing.
❤❤❤
Rosaline's mark above.

Hers looks much like a bird but every single feature is elegantly drawn in the deepest shade of black excerpt for the lower part which appears to be an upside down apostrophe with features of its own inside. I just stare in awe and my hand moves to stroke her inner arm but she quickly moves and swats my hand away, making me raise my eyebrows at her.

"Groper!"

"What? Don't even start with me Rosaline, you're not even that attractive." I say sternly, pointing a finger at her and she laughs.

"Seriously though, you do realise that you were gonna touch my mamma in the process right?" She points to her boob.

"Where exactly do you get these words Rosaline?" This girl says something uncommon everyday. Instead of answering, she smirks and covers her body.
"I'm not sure what this is but I saw it some time last week after bathing and thought it was creepy because the day before Sola and I had been..." She wiggles her eyebrows mischievously.

"I get it Rosaline, thank you very much for sharing." I shake my head at how she's always ready to go into details. "What did Sola say when you showed it to him?" I honestly think it's weird that we both got unknown marks-slash-tattoos from God knows where at almost the same time.

"He has one too but on the lower part of his body, it was so sexy when he stripped off his jeans to show me and I just wanted to..."

I breathe out. "Rosaline," I pause to think of my next words.  "Please stop telling me about Sola and your... activities and start taking this seriously. What did he say it meant?"

"He also doesn't know, it appeared on him months after he turned eighteen." She shrugs. "I personally think it's a magical tribal thing or..." She trails off.

"Or what?"

"Or I don't know, a sibling thing maybe?" She whispers, now looking away from me and tapping her foot on the floor, all amusement melting away from her face. "I hope it's not because I really, really like Sola Adinah. Or maybe we're having one of those incestical relationships. I mean that would explain the strong connection we feel right?"

"I don't think that's a word but I get it." If this truly is a sibling thing as Rosaline puts it, that would make Rosaline and I biological sisters and a ghost smile crosses my face when thinking of it but I quickly let the thought slip. "Do you think it's wise for you and Sola to be doing your... uhm.... well.... activities under the King's roof? I mean, is it even allowed?" The words sound more accusing than they were meant to and I try to cover it up. "I mean us being incubators and all.... I don't-"

"Says the girl who wore three dresses at the same time?" She guffaws. "We don't really do the deed, we just... do stuff... ya know?" She says and I nod with my lips pursed, the awkwardness of the conversation reeling in so I unbutton my blouse to show her my mark and she stares.

"You literally just spoke about boundaries and you're the one stripping!?"

"Oh, just shut up Rosaline." I exclaim and pull the arm with the mark out to show her. "I tried to remove this the entire week but.." She just looks at it before taking her blouse off again, moving her arm closer and looking between the two marks repeatedly.