Chapter Seventeen

I look down at my buzzing phone to see its Rocky calling.

"What?" I snap.

"Baby, please I'm worried about you. Please don't ever leave like that again. Come back home. Please, baby!" He sobs into the phone.

"Rocky, I'm not-"

He cut me off. "Nikki, baby! Please come back home! I need to know that your okay." He cries.

"No," I simply say.

"I was helping Riker rehearse for an audition. It wasn't about you, I promise." He says as I start the car.

I start driving down the road. "Fine, Rocky." I groan.

"You don't believe me?" He cries.

"We'll talk in a minute." I grunt before hanging up.

I pull into the driveway me wipe my tears before walking back into the house. "Baby! Your okay!" Rocky exclaims as he runs over to me.

I shake my head and push him away. "Leave me alone." I grunt as I try to make my way upstairs.

He follows me like a lost puppy. "Baby, please listen to me." He begs. I close the door and lock it. "Nikki, open this god damn door before I break it down."

I swing open the door. "Why? So you can go fuck Taliya again and not tell me? So you can leave me here and go on tour with her and not me? Leave me the fuck alone." I cry and collapse to the ground.

He falls beside me. "I was helping Riker rehearse for an audition. Babe, you have to believe me." He whimpers. I nod and crawl into his lap. "I love you so much, Nikki. I would never do that to you." He whispers and plays with my hair until I drift off to sleep.

~~~~

I woke up in Rocky's be at his parents' house. I rub my eyes and get up slowly. I look in the mirror on his dresser and see my eyes are all red and puffy. "You look fine." Riker says from the door way.

I spin around and look at him. "You scared the shit out of me." I say with a sigh.

He shrugs with a giggle. "Sorry, you know Rocky wasn't talking about you earlier, right?" He asks as he sits on the bed.

I nod. "Yeah, he told me."

"Do you believe him?" He questions.

I shrug. "A part of me wants to. But I don't think I can." I sigh again.

"So you don't believe him?"

"He told me that he cheated on me. How am I supposed to believe him now?" I ask with tears in my eyes.

He shrugs. "You can learn to have trust in me." Rocky says from the door. Riker gets up and leaves, closing the door behind him as Rocky comes over to me. "Babe, I know you're mad at me for the Taliya thing. But please, you have to trust me on this." He says with tears in his eyes.

I nod. "I'm not mad at you for the Taliya thing. I'm past it. I believe you." I say as I sit on his lap.

He rests his hands on my hips and looks into my eyes. "I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too." I say before kissing his cheek and laying down.