Chapter Fourty-Five

Rocky's P.O.V

Taliya gets up to get the door after the doorbell rings. "Where's my son!?" Nikki yells.

I run to the door. "Sleeping, and I'll be calling CPS on you so you can leave." I say and close the door.

Taliya walks upstairs as Luke begins crying. I follow her, quietly. "It's okay. Do you want something to eat?" She offers.

He climbs in her lap and shakes his head. "My momma." He mutters.

"You have to eat, baby." She whispers and kisses his head.

He looks up at her. "Cheesy," he demands. It's his way of saying grilled cheese.

She nods and stands up. "I'll make you cheesies. You want juice or water?" She asks as she walks past me and down the stairs.

I walk behind her. "Juice," he says as she sets him in his high chair.

She nods and gets his juice out of the fridge. "Here ya go." She smiles and gets out the cheese, butter, and bread.

I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her waist. "You want me to call now?" I ask.

She shrugs. "Up to you, babe." She sighs.

I leave a kiss on her neck and another on her cheek. "Okay, I'll be right back."

I watch her wipe away a few tears as I'm on the phone.

Taliya's P.O.V

"Wanna go get Hazel?" Rocky asks as I wipe off Luke's mouth.

I nod and make Luke put some clothes on. When we got to Rocky's parents', all his siblings were there.. Even Riker and Nikki. "Hi, Luke! Can I have a hug?" Stormie asks with a sweet smile.

He shakes his head and buries it in my neck. "He won't let anyone but Taliya hold him." Rocky informs her.

"Well, we should get going." Riker says and quickly escorts Nikki out.

Mark motions for us to sit with everyone in the living room. "So what happened?" He asks as he tries to get Luke's attention.

"She cut me with scissors." Luke mumbles and sits up.

Stormie looks at us confused. "Who did?" She asks concernedly.

Luke shrugs and lays his head back on my shoulder. "Baby, you have to tell them. They can help you." I whisper.

"My old mommy." He mutters and plays with the ends of my hair.

Rocky rubs Luke's back and kisses his head. "Old mommy? Who's your new one?" Rydel asks as she kneels in front of us.

Luke clutches onto my shoulders tightly. "My mommy." He whispers.

She smiles and rubs my knee. "Did you call child protectives?" Mark questions curiously.

Rocky nods. "Yes, I did. He has cuts and bruises all over him." Rocky says and looks at Luke sympathetically.

"Poor baby.." Stormie says on the verge of tears.

"Where's Hazel?" Rocky asks after he clears his throat.

Stormie wipes away her tears. "I'll get her." She sighs and walks upstairs.

"Mommy, I tired." Luke huffs.

I move him so he's laying in my arms. "Go to sleep, baby." I whisper as I put his pacifier in his mouth.

He nods and closes his eyes. "What're you going to do about all of this?" Rydel asks nicely.

I shrug. "Whatever Luke needs. I didn't want this to go like this. I know how hard it is.. but at his age it could scar him for life." I say as I look at the sleeping toddler.

She nods. "I feel bad. If there's anything you guys need, I'm just a call away." She smiles.

I smile at her and Stormie enters the room. "Thanks, guys!" We hug everyone goodbye and go home.

Luke wakes up as we enter the house and starts running around. Normally I wouldn't mind, but he's screaming. Like high pitch screaming. "Luke, settle down!" I shout.

"Mommy!" He yells and falls on his butt.

I can't help but giggle. "Come here. I think you need a nap." I say as I lift him up. He shakes his head. I giggle and carry him upstairs.