Chapter Thirty-Four

"Wow.. you look great, babe." Rocky gushes.

I blush. "Thank you. It's a maternity shirt. So I could wear this when I'm three months pregnant and you wouldn't know." I giggle.

He laughs and slides on his shoes. "Should we tell them tonight or..?"

I shrug. "Up to you. It's only been a month. But we're definitely telling them about the engagement." I say as we slide into the car.

He nods and starts it. "Yeah.. I want to tell them about that. But, I don't want to tell them that you're pregnant. I think we should wait and have them figure it out." He smirks. "Nah, just kidding. I wanna tell them tonight." He smiles sweetly.

I grab his hand and entwine our fingers together. "I'm nervous. What if they make us break up?" I ask, slightly panicking.

He furrows his eyebrows and glances at me. "First, they won't. And second, they can't tell me what to do anymore." He says, growing frustrated.

"Okay," I mutter as we pull into the driveway. Well, this isn't going to go very well.

We walk up to the house and are greeted by Stormie when we walk in. "I missed you guys!" She exclaims

Rocky grips my hand tightly as she hugs him. "You too." He mumbles, not letting go of my hand.

"Hey," I smile.

Rydel comes running into the kitchen, but her smile drops. "What's wrong with you?" She asks noticing I have tears in my eyes.

Rocky turns to me and wipes away the escaped tears. "Hey, babe. What's wrong?" He asks.

I shake my head and he cups my cheeks as Rydel approaches us. His gentle hands force me to look at him. "Rocky," I whisper as more tears begin to flow.

"What? What is it?" He asks growing annoyed.

I close my eyes and grab my stomach. "Rocky, it hurts." I whimper.

He nods and pulls me to the table, making me sit in a chair. "Babe, breathe and it'll be over in a minute." He says as I squeeze his hands.

He places his hands on my stomach and a small smile appears on his face. "Guys what's going on?" Mark yells after I calm down.

"Oh, Nikki's pregnant." Rocky says causally.

Stormie smiles, along with everyone else, and congratulates us. "We're engaged too." I add as Rocky leaves his hands where they are.

After dinner, we sat on the couch with his family. "Ready to go, babe?" Rocky asks suddenly as he stands up.

"Um, I guess." I sigh as I get up.

We say goodbye to everyone. "Sorry, but I have something to do. Unless Nikki wants to stay here and I'll pick her up on my way back." Rocky suggests as we walk to the door.

I shake my head. "No, I'll go home. I'm really tired anyways." I mumble. Everyone says goodbye again and we leave. "What's so important that we couldn't stay there?" I ask halfway through the rise.

He glances over at me, clearly pissed off. "Why do you care?" He snaps.

I look at him, shocked. "um, because that's your family and you shouldn't just push them away." I growl as we pull into the driveway. My uncles driveway

He nods. "Okay."

I lean over the middle counsel and kiss him. "I love you." He didn't answer. "I love you Rocky." I say slightly ticked off.

"I love you too." He says as I get out. "Nikki, wait!" I sit back down. "Let me bring you home." He says guiltily.

I nod. Once he dropped me off, he quickly left. I change into sweatpants and a tank top.