Chapter Thirty-One

Rocky's P.O.V

Nikki's breathing slows down, convincing me she fell asleep. When the movie finishes, I carry her up to bed. I figure since it's only 6:30 p.m., I'd make something to eat. I make grilled cheese for myself. I take my plate and sit at the table. After a few minutes, I feel arms wrap around my torso.

I finish eating and pull Nikki onto my lap. "Hi, babe. You only slept for a half an hour." I say quietly.

She lays her head on my shoulder. "I want you to come sleep with me." She whines.

I nod and kiss her cheek. "i will, just let me clean up, alright?" She nods and slides off of me.

She sits on the counter, watching me as I clean up the kitchen. I walk over to her and pick her up. She wraps her legs around my waist as I carry her upstairs.

I lay her on the bed and climb over her. "Hey," I whisper and kiss her passionately.

She grabs the back of my neck, deepening the kiss. "hi," she says, pulling back.

I lay down next to her and grab the tv remote. "What do you wanna watch?" I ask as I glance over at her.

She shrugs and lays her head on my chest. I wrap my arm around her, before kissing her head. "I don't care." She mumbles into my shirt.

I sit up and throw off my shirt and pants. She slides off her jeans, putting them on the ground on the side of her bed. We lay back down and she stares at the tv, blankly. "Babe, are you okay?" I ask quietly.

She blinks a few times and looks up at me. "Yeah, why?"

I cup one of her cheeks and look into her eyes. "You seem distant." I sigh.

She leans her forehead against mine and closes her eyes. I put my arm over her hip. "Babe," I whisper. Her eyes flutter open. "You would tell me if something was wrong, right?"

She nods. "Of course, why?" She asks concernedly.

I shrug as she closes her eyes again. "I don't know, I was just wondering." I say as I pull away.

I lay on my back. She moves closer to me and lays her head on my chest again. "Rocky?" She asks into the silence after a while.

"Hmm?" I respond with my eyes closed.

"Is it okay that.. is it okay that I-I want.."

I feel her tear drops on my chest. "Is it okay that you want what, baby girl?" I ask nervously.

She takes a deep breath. "Is it okay that I want.. that I want a baby?" She looks up at me.

We both sit up and I grab both of her hands. "Yes, why'd you ask, though? We need to make sure that we're both ready.."

She nods. "I don't know. I've been thinking about it a lot for the past few days. And I think that we both.. I don't know, never mind." She sighs loudly.

"You think we both what? We're ready?"

She shakes her head. "Well, yeah. I think we're ready but.. I think we should wait until we're at least engaged."

I nod and pull her off the bed. I hand her her pants and slide on my clothes. I drag her down the stairs and out to the car. I bring her to the jewelry store.