Chapter Fourty-Four

Taliya's P.O.V

I woke up, in my bed, alone. I walk into the hallway and see Rocky coming up the stairs. "Hey, gorgeous." He smiles and grabs my hips, pushing me against a wall.

"Hey.. where's the kids?" I ask after he pecks my lips a few times.

He slowly kisses me again before replying, "Hazel is with my parents and Luke is with Nikki."

I widen my eyes and push him off of me. "Rocky, you have to go get him." I say as tears brim my eyes.

He furrows his eyebrows. "Why?"

I run downstairs and grab my keys, pulling him out of the house. "Luke told me everything. He said that he's not aloud to tell us what Nikki and Riker make him do because they'll hurt him." I say as he starts driving.

He nods and speeds down the road. We run up to the house and ring the doorbell. "Hey, Rocky!" Riker exclaims.

I push past him and run into the living room. I hear Luke screaming, crying so I run to the basement. I see him laying on the floor with Nikki towering over him. He's only in a diaper. I walk over and pick him up, running upstairs. I run to the car and I sit down. Rocky runs out and starts driving.

I pick up a napkin and wipe some blood off his legs. "My poor baby." I whisper and let a tear escape my eyes.

I hold him tightly, trying to stop his crying. "Come on." Rocky says and we get out. I run into the kitchen and set him on the counter. I hand him an ice cream bar as I clean up his cuts. Rocky comes downstairs with some clothes for him. "Here," he says, handing me the clothes.

Luke refuses to put them on. He keeps reaching out for me. I finally give in and carry him around the house until he stops crying. "Can you put your clothes on now?" I ask as I make my way back to the kitchen.

Rocky has his head buried in his hands. "No, momma." He refuses and buries his face in my neck.

Rocky looks up at me with tear stained cheeks. "Can I hold you?" Rocky asks somberly.

Luke shakes his head. "Momma," he mumbles and grips my shoulders tighter.

"Taliya, we have to call." Rocky says as I lay Luke down on my bed. "I know you don't wanna cause drama, but.. this has gotten out of hand." Rocky whispers.

I shrug and wipe away some tears. "Rocky, I don't care what you do.. If you call CPS (child protective services), you call. I don't want Luke going back over there." I sigh as I walk into the bathroom.

He nods and closes the door. "Me neither. But we can't just do that, we need someone to prove that he can't. Baby, please ask your boss." Rocky begs and grabs my hands.

I lean my head against his shoulder. "Okay.. I will, tomorrow when I go back. But Rocky, this is different for me." I say as I walk out of the bathroom. "My son is going to have to be put through this. I don't want him to have to go through that." I say as I walk downstairs.

He sits at the kitchen table. "Taliya, I know. He calls you momma, for fuck sake! Obviously he wants this! He doesn't call everyone momma." He says and grabs my hand, pulling me between his legs.

"But I don't want him put through this! Rocky I was put through this! My job is to help kids that are going through shit like this and I don't want him to go through it. I might not be able to fix him." I whisper as tears rapidly make their way down my cheeks.

He grabs my hips and sits me down in his left leg. "You never told me that.." He says quietly.

I shrug. "It's embarrassing to tell someone you had to be but in foster care due to abuse." I say as more tears come.

"But Luke isn't going to be put in foster care. He's going to be here with us. He's going to be safe here." Rocky promises.

I nod and lay my head on his shoulder.