1.8

" Mi-Mino sunbae?" I gasp. What is he doing here? "Where is Hyukjae-hyung?" He tries to see through my car seat's window. "I-I don't know some girls ask if he is YG's staff and he pushes me to continue on walking to the van,sunbaenim." I try to explain. I guess the whole YG ent is really in a high alert mode. Mino chews on his lips and sighs. "Here, take my phone text Hyukjae-hyung that we're leaving him behind. You need to get into the company right now." He throws me his phone which I thankfully catches and start pulling away from the hospital's back exit.

"So where were you? You are supposed to train the first mission." Mino starts to interrogates me while speeding through the streets. "I- I need fresh air so I thought I can use the weekend to meet up with a friend." I stutter. I'm still scared of mino sunbae because of his sudden change of demeanor few days ago. "You were with a friend?" He asks glancing at me.

"Yeah, she's an SM trainee we are close friends before I transferred to YG." Mino's grip on the wheel visibly tightened. wait why do i even tell him about Melanie? "Then how did you sprain your ankle?" I glance at him. So he cares about me now? but I answer him anyway. " A cyclist suddenly appeared infront of me. I swear there were no one though." I frown. Does somebody try to hurt me? Mino looks like he is deep on his own thought. 

The car slows as we near the building. "the news have spread that fast huh?" Mino mumbles lowly. Reporters are crowding outside and the van can't even enter the building's parking lot. " Let's park a few blocks from here so they don't notice the car." Mino nods and drives a few blocks away.

Thankfully no fans notice us. I think they are too busy waiting for somebody to exit or enter the building. As soon as the car stop i quickly grab my crutches and reach for the door handle but suddenly Mino's hand holds my wrist. "Why are you so reckless? Wait." I freeze with his sudden act.

He takes out a snapback from the car's dashboard and put it on my head. "This-this is your snapback.." I stutter while trying to fix the snapback. " yes. Yes it is. You gave it to Jinwoo right?" He replies as he helps me style the snapback and dust myself off a bit. " here use this too." He hands me shades.

"Kim Jennie." He calls me as I hold my crutches again. "Ne, sunbae?" I look at him, unsure. "Don't answer anything and keep on walking okay? Don't do anything that I won't do." With that, he exits the car.

---

"Jennie! We are so worried!!" Haemi and Lea stand up from their sit as soon as I enter hyunsuk sajangnim's office. " hey guyss.." I reply awkwardly. We are not alone in the office. There are some staffs plus Mino who just enter the room with me.

" Annyeong haseyo..."  I bow toward the staffs and Hyunsuk sajang. "Welcome Jennie , please take a sit.  Mino, you can leave but i'll be talking you later." One of the staffs reply coldly. I quietly sit down.

"Like you know , someone has spread the news of Blackpink's debut. It was supposed to be a secret until the final member is chosen.... Nobody outside YG knows about it unless somebody from inside leaks the information." The same staff continues. I know that this is a very serious problem but I don't know that it will be this scary. It feels like we are investigating someone's cause of dead.

"My team and Hyukjae are trying to track down the writer of the news but it's harder than we thought. I think it's safe to conclude that the source is very professional and it maybe from a company or even from other entertainment." Another staff reports. "Hmmm.... I think for now it  will be useless to search for our blind spot. It will be better for us to confirm or deny the news. What do you say shall we confirm it?" Hyunsuk sajang finally speaks up.

The staffs glance at each other and they have 1 thing in mind. " We should confirm it. It will make us look bad if we deny it but then blackpink debuts." One of the staff speaks out. "Very well. All of you are dismissed. Let's prepare." The staffs quickly grab their things and hurriedly exit the room. I guess there's a lot to prepare.

"Lea,Haemi,and Jennie. Things are starting to get really serious now. We will not postpone anything since the everybody already know about Blackpink and soon we are going to state their debut date. Jennie will you be able to do the first mission? If not, I'll need to eliminate you." I gulp. I can really dance with a gips on? Should I do it? Sooman sajangnim hasn't told me anything too. Okay let's forget about that part. Will I be able to do it? I take a deep breath before finally answering.

"Yes. I'll be able to do it."

a/n:

Hi guys!! how are you?!! It's been so long since my last update and I'm very sorry about it. I never predict that The Spy is going to be this big! So thank you for all the love this past few months. I really really appreciate it! I'm planning to finish this book in this year cause it's been so long so let's pray that I can continue this story smoothly without any writer's block :") Enjoy!