2.7

I don't know what to say. I simply freeze, not knowing what to do or what to say. "What is that?" Mino stares at the scattered papers.

We stay quiet for a few more minutes. Nobody moves and I can only stare helplessly at the papers. I thought everything is going to be fine. Even if it's for a while. I don't want them to find out this way. Not with Mino in here too. I never imagine myself confessing everything to Mino.

"Hello? Girls? The door is open so I just enter.." Somebody enters our dorm. " Eo? Mino?? Emm... why are all of you so quiet?" Seeing the person who enters, Lisa quickly tidies the scattered papers and Chaeyoung stands up from her seat.

"Hyukjae oppa! What are you doing here?" Flustered, I start to slowly bow at Hyukjae oppa. Why did they do that? They can easily expose me to Hyukjae  who is a YG staff but why are they acting the opposite?

"Em... Hyunsuk sajang invites all of you for dinner. Well, except Mino here. What are you doing Mino-ya?"Hyukjae says slowly as he senses that something is off.

"E-eo hyung... I- I just came by to drop some things.." Mino answers carefully while scratching his neck that is not itchy. "Ahh.... jinjja? Then go back to your dorm now. The girls are going to have dinner and you are not invited." Hyukjae replies with a hint of sarcasm, then he notices Kuma.

"Oh, new dog? Omo, he's so cute..." He bends down and starts to pet him. "Hahaha ne... thank you for informing Hyukjae oppa. We will get ready now." Jisoo unnie finally stands up and smiles widely.

"Oh.. okay... Don't get ready for too long. Sajangnim is already waiting for you. Let's go, Mino. You and I have something to talk about." Hyukjae oppa grabs Mino's arm and starts dragging him away. "Hyung! I can walk by myself. Bye girls. See you later!"

See you later? Mino, I don't even know when I'm going to see you again. This is maybe the last time we see each other on good terms. Everybody stays silent as we hear the door clicks close. I hold my breath. Will they shout at me? Will they pull my hair? What will they do? "You heard what Hyukjae oppa said. Let's get ready." Jisoo unnie says coldly and leaves the living room. "Jisoo unnie.. wait... I" I try to stop her. That's all? They will act like nothing happens?

"Not now. Sajangnim is waiting for us." She cuts my sentence. Chaeyoung soon follows her lead without sparing me a glance. Now, it's only me and Lisa. "Unnie? Is it true? Is that your handwriting? Somebody forces you to write right?" She finally speaks up.

I stare blankly between the letters that she's holding and herself. Jisoo unnie is right. It's better to not talk about this right now. " I'll tell you everything after we have dinner okay? Let's not make Hyunsuk sajang waits." I force a smile and start to walk to my room. "How about these letters? Where should I keep them?" I stop in my tracks. "You can keep it as my promise to all of you to tell what is going on." I'm not touching those damn letters. Not anymore.

---

"Annyeong haseyo sajangnim..." Jisoo unnie, Chaeyoung, Lisa, and I greet Hyunsuk sajangnim as we enter a private room in YG's cafeteria. "Hello, girls.. please take a sit." There's already Haemi sitting on one of the chairs. I guess we are going to talk about the next mission.

I feel very uncomfortable right now. I want to quit acting. I want to quit lying. I want to quickly tell Jisoo unnie, Chaeyoung, and Lisa the truth because they're so kind to me and they deserve so much better. "Hi, Jennie," Haemi whispers to me as I sit beside her. It's so unfair. It's so unfair that she needs to compete with me, a liar. If I admit everything from the start, it will be Lea who's sitting in my chair right now. "Hi." I try to let out a small smile.

"How have you been Haemi-ya?" Hyunsuk sajang asks as some waiters start to enter the room and serve us food. "I've been resting well... I am also getting ready for the next mission." Haemi replies politely. "Hmm, I see... It must have been hard when Lea was eliminated right?" "Ne..." "But that's how the entertainment world works. You give your fullest or you lose."