11 | Stefan's Secret

The entire pack finds themselves in Gloria's old bar. The teens look around with narrowed, confused eyes while the Hales just accept their position. "Wow, Rebekah's back," Stiles says with a grin.

Gloria stands behind the bar with the three Mikaelsons seated on the stools. Lexi and Rebekah giggle together over two glasses of bourbon while Klaus drinks alone a seat away. "It is too early for your incessant sisterly bond," he mutters.

Lexi spins in her stool, pursing her lips as she says, "Join us then, brother. We're only laughing at Stefan."

"Ah," He takes the seat next to Lexi. "girl talk?"

"Stop mocking!" Rebekah whines. "He's different than a hundred years ago. Still very upset you daggered me for so long."

"Of course, he's different," Lexi says as she sips her drink. "Nik sacrificed his girlfriend on an altar of fire." Her cold gaze flickers to him. "After killing my friend."

Rebekah gasps before she slaps Klaus' arm. Ignoring his painful shout, she yells, "How dare you, Nik?!"

"I was breaking the curse!" He replies, rubbing his arm. "And that really hurt!"

Gloria pauses before the Mikaelsons. "You done with your bickering? Can we get to finding that necklace, or do I need to wait a little longer?"

Lexi hops off her stool. "Of course. Sorry, Gloria. Let's begin." She holds out her hands as she sits at a lone table; Gloria sends Klaus an impressed look before she takes Lexi's hands and sits across from her. The two witches close their eyes and the bar descends into silence.

And then the door opens, with Stefan walking in.

"You left us." Rebekah pouts as he approaches the group. She catches his wary eyes darting towards the silent witches.

"Yeah, sorry." He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. "Retail therapy was making my head explode."

With a roll of his eyes, Klaus nods, "Tell me about it."

"What are they doing?" Stefan glances over at the witches once more.

"They're failing."

"Nik, shut up," Lexi snaps. "It is difficult to find something that has been lost for a century."

With a sly smirk, Rebekah bounces over to the table, settling between the two. "Use me," she says. "I only wore it for a thousand years."

"Take a good look, Nik," Lexi says as she takes her sister's hand. "This is what helping looks like."

"If I knew your sisters were like this, I never would have put up with you for all those years," Gloria says with a shake of her head.

As the witches close their eyes, Stefan leans over to Klaus. "They're, uh, looking for the necklace, huh?"

"Quiet!" Lexi snaps, her expression tightening as images pass through her mind.

A girl with her friends.

A silver necklace shining under the sun.

The doppelgänger.

Lexi jumps away from Rebekah with a short gasp as Gloria opens her eyes. "We found it," the witch says as Lexi catches her breath.

"So, where is it?" Rebekah asks, looking between the two.

Lexi stays silent as she stares at Stefan.

"It doesn't work like that," Gloria says when she sees Lexi will not speak. "We get images: a girl with her friends."

Rebekah hops off the table. "A dead girl with dead friends if I don't get my necklace back," she says with wide eyes. Her increasingly rage-filled expression snaps Lexi back to the present.