Smoking for the aesthetic

There's a specific pace this should be at but sorry if it's off and just try to read kinda slow and pause after they're talking when theres punctuation

Haha also the song doesn't go through for the whole stowy

START SONG HERE

This one shot might be confusing but listen to this song while you're reading

Also trigger warnings.
Suicide, drugs, tobacco, and alcohol

Mattia

I put the cigarette between my lips and lit it. I took in some of the smoke and puffed it out. I was outside of a convenient store. Everything looked abandoned. No cars passed by and it was dark and cold. I looked up at the sky and continued to take in the smoke and puff it out.

"Don't touch me! You said you'd stop! You promised me!" He dumped out everything that was in the dresser on the floor.
~
"I love you" he whispered and kissed me.
~
"Mattia. We'll get through it together"

I inhaled sharply as tears started to prick my eyes and slowly run down my face.

"We'll always be together. Through death and on."
~
"Pass it" he said motioning to the cigarette between my fingers. I held it as he breathed it in and blew it back out into my face. He giggled.
~
I opened a bag of colored pills and swallowed them.
~
He giggled as I inhaled the white powder on the table. "Okay my turn"
~
I walked away from the store and lit another cigarette. I continued walking until I reached a bridge with water underneath and stared down.
~
"Fuck! Kairi I'm gonna go to hell for this!" I put my face in my hands. "Then we're going to hell together" he said rubbing my back.
~
"Stop you've had enough"
~
"We're kids. Stop thinking so much." He said running his hands through my hair.
~
"You're late. You said you were coming to meet them and you're late again!" He said slamming his hands on the table.

"Sorry I had to go buy more cigarettes but we still have time just calm down"

"No. We don't. I told them to leave. I don't want my parents thinking I made a mistake of who I ended up with"
~
I sat on the ledge that was keeping me from falling into the deep depths of the ocean.
~
"Kairi. I know you can't hear me because you're asleep but I want you to know I love you. You deserve the whole world and so much better than me but I want you to know I would never do anything to intentionally hurt you. Your smile makes my day bright on cloudy days. I know it sounds sappy but I'm only speaking the truth. I'll always be here to protect you"
~
"Mattia. They won't stop messing with me. I can't take it anymore. Sometimes I just want to disappear."

"Don't say that. I don't know what I'd do without you" I said, holding him in my embrace and kissing the top of his head.
~
"Stop moving. Just stay here with me."
~
I put out the cigarette and left it beside the box next to me.
~
"You did something wrong Mattia. You can't just take it back"
~
"I don't give a shit anymore! Do whatever the fuck you want!"
~
"Just shut up and kiss me" he said, putting out the cigarette he held.
~
I'm so glad he's not here to see the mess I am but I want him here to tell me it's going to be okay. I want him to hold my hand and tell me it's not worth taking my life. I want him to tell me to stop smoking and focus on him. I just want him back. I want Kairi back.

It's almost like he really is here.

I stood up and looked down.

But I know he's not.

I jumped and waiting until I felt the cold water consume me. I breathed in and closed my eyes until I could no longer see or feel anything.

~

"Mattia. Mattia I'm here. Just breathe." An all too familiar voice spoke.

Sirens blared and lights flashed.

"You're going to be okay" he said grabbing my hand.

"What have those cigarettes done to you"

Basically if you didn't understand. The words in italic were flashbacks. The cigarettes ruined Mattia's relationship with Kairi because he was addicted and it became a priority instead of the person who loved him and stuck by him through thick and thin. It has a lesson to learn. It consumed his life.

Haha pretty sad in my opinion and very hard to write so I hope you enjoyed