Safe Zone

!Start song here!
This is a continuation of A.M.
Thanks for almost 10k with under 10 chapters :,)

Kairi

I laid outstretched on my bed, thinking. I stared out the window because of the sleep deprivation I was suddenly receiving.

My mind just kept wandering off to the thought of someone I could never get off my mind. I've told myself to get over him but I don't know what keeps me coming back.

He's my best friend and that's what makes it harder. I can't tell him about it because it's him. It's like he's not here for me. It's because he can't be. He doesn't even know how hard I've fallen for him. Everyone, but him, can see it.

We argue, we push each other away, and we fight but somehow we always manage to forgive each other. No matter how bad the situation was, we always apologized. No matter how stubborn he was, he knew what he said was wrong.

We're inseparable. He makes me do bad things but it doesn't matter because we do it together. I can never tell him no. Some days I know I have to but as soon as I look at him, I know I can't. The way his eyes glowed let me know how determined he was and the smile he wore on his face made the answer obvious. It always had to be yes.

Ever since he fell out of love with his ex I know it's been hard but sometimes I need him. No matter his flaws, I'm drawn to him because that's what makes him Mattia Polibio.

I like Mattia because he has no boundaries. He's willing to take risks because he wants to have fun. He's never afraid of consequences. He wants to live his life to the fullest because he knows it won't last forever.

He always told me to make a move on girls while I have the chance. He never knew he was all I wanted. He still doesn't but he's all I need. The insane boy I call my best friend.

As my mind continued to run I heard taps on my window. I shook my head as I got out of the daze I was in and saw Mattia peering through the glass.

I quickly got up and unlocked it. He climbed in as quietly as possible which was very loud since he's a dinosaur.

"What're you doing here? You only come in through my window in the middle of the night when there's something wrong"

"That's oddly specific and not true" he said, bewildered.

"The last time you came back you-"

"Yeah I know. Because of my ex. But I'm better off alone than with anyone" he said with a sad smile. I could tell he was thinking about something.

He gave me a look and scoffed.

"What?"

"Oh just thinking about what happened earlier today.. remember? After the party? When we were in that parking lot and you-"

"Don't remind me" I shut my eyes in embarrassment. "Let's just forget it even happened"

"But what if I don't want to?"

I opened my mouth but no words could come out. He pushed my chin up to close my mouth and laughed.

"Listen. I don't really want to date right now but-"

"You're just scared. You don't want to get hurt again but trust me. We both know you'd be the one to hurt me. I'm not even intimidating let alone insensitive. You of all people should know that Mattia"

"Kai.. do you even think this would work? I like you. I do, but all I'll do is get you into more trouble than I already do"

He stood up to leave but I stopped him by enveloping him in a hug. His arms eventually wrapped around my small frame.

"Promise me we can just be us. Nothing and no one else will matter"

"I promise"

And when we were in each other's arms, we felt like the only people on earth.

We felt safe and he was my safe zone.

Okay so this chapter did not go as I planned and it kinda sucks😎

Also because this song is really short