Prologue

Y/N's POV

Hi! My name is Y/N. Right now, as I'm typing, my boyfriend is bugging me to come and cuddle with him. I keep telling him that I'm working. I'm don't think he buys it. After all, I don't do much work outside of office hours, as I work as a waitress. What would I have to do outside of work? I have no clue. But at the moment, all I want is to get my story out of my brain and onto paper, so that someday, I can read it to my whole family. It's a story that will start shortly. I really should go. Kookie gets impatient fast.

****

I moved here for college three years ago, with my friend Kat. She and I have been close friends since high school, where we got close through one singular thing and built a whole relationship, with both of us being more and more comfortable with each other. Now, we both work pretty demanding jobs to continue our education. She's studying art, and I'm into voice acting and production. But all those years ago, one thing brought us together. During our sophomore year, one particular band debuted. Who was it?

BTS. After I heard their first songs, my life was never the same. For some reason, some of the vocals, and the lyrics, hit me hard. Kat and I somehow ended up in the same art class, and the assignment was to draw your favorite musician. I had a lot of trouble deciding who to draw, but ended up on Jungkook, because he was my bias. Kat and I were called up to turn in our drawings at the same time. I glanced at her drawing, because she had always been highly praised for her art. I sucked in a breath at her drawing. It was a perfect rendition of V! 

 It was a perfect rendition of V! 

I couldn't believe my eyes. Meanwhile, her eyes had taken in my (admittedly imperfect) picture of Jungkook.

I glanced over at her as our teacher motioned for us to hurry up

I glanced over at her as our teacher motioned for us to hurry up. We both turned in our art and went to stand in the back. I still remember the first thing I said to her.

"So... Are you ARMY too?"

After that, we became friends.

We hung out together all the time, looking at the pictures, memes, and videos of our boys. We dreamed of flying across the ocean to meet them. We read fan fictions together, and we wrote a few, though they were quite bad. (I love Blood Ink!) Then we started to learn Korean. Our rule was that every day, we had to teach each other a new word, phrase, or even speak a few broken sentences.

By the time senior year rolled around, we were both able to speak it to each other, although maybe not as well as we would've hoped after all this time. After a while, we even started speaking only in Korean, just for fun. I was so proud when their new album, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever, was released in 2016, and I could understand about three-quarters of every song. Who would've thought that such a thing could even be possible? Certainly not me.

With this new realization in mind, I thought of something. I knew that there were some amazing arts schools in Seoul. So I asked Kat if she wanted to go there together. We searched and searched, and then we found out that there was a bilingual English and Korean school for the arts. It was a dream come true. So I asked my parents, and despite many fears of losing me while I was overseas, they let me come.

So in the Fall of 2017, I moved to Seoul with Kat. We successfully managed to convert money, move into a nice(ish) apartment near the river, and buy food while getting over jet-lag. The hardest part was the time change, for sure. I could almost never call my parents, and I missed them a lot. But living here was amazing. Although I didn't like city life so much, I had looked forward to being here for so long... And Kat was having a great time.

We lived in the Songpa-gu district, and we made a few friends while impressing locals with our more-than-mediocre Korean. When we heard that BTS's Jin had opened a restaurant nearby, we immediately went to investigate. The food was heavenly, and around December of that year, I saw that they were looking for an English speaking waitress to help with international visitors to the restaurant. I signed up as soon as possible. They interviewed me in English and Korean, and then gave me the job. It was demanding, but it paid well enough that I could pay my half of the rent, and my half of the food, and my college tuition. (Which wasn't cheap).

Since that's out of the way, we can now begin the story, on a chilly February Tuesday, our story can begin. But right now, friends, Kat is calling me for the fifth time. I think it must be important. Bye!

Hello, Author-nim is here to say hello. I would also like to let everyone know that none of the pictures I use in these stories are mine, and all copyright privileges go to the rightful owners. With that said, on to the next episode!