Shopping (ep 28)

Y/N's POV

Work.

Can I honestly say that I love it?

No.

But do I hate it? Do I despise it?

No.

I do like serving people here at Ossu Seiromushi. It calms me, giving me something to focus on that is completely in the moment. No time for me to laze around, and no excuses for not working. Just a blissful easy state of knowing exactly what needs to be done, and being able to do it right then. Not to mention getting paid for it!

(That's definitely a bonus.)

As I was finishing up my shift, I nodded to my fellow co-workers and pulled on one of my favorite coats. It was the kind where it's halfway between being a puffy winter coat and a lighter type jacket. Ya feel me?

Anyway, I was walking out of the restaurant through the fancy back 'employees only' door and texting Kat at the same time. She had told me earlier in the day that she was going out to dinner with Yoongi, so I got to make dinner for only myself, which is awesome because it meant I had to cook a smaller amount.

Yay!

It also meant that I could play whatever music I wanted and dance around the house like I was insane just because I could. *evil laughter*

It also meant that I could go out and buy Kat's birthday present in peace. Which was good, because it would take me at least two hours and it was also pretty big. I had recruited Jin-oppa to drive me, because I didn't think the plu-- gift, would fit on public transportation.

I contacted Jin, and the rest was history. We were listening to a mix of K-pop music in the car, and we were currently on Get Cool by Stray Kids. (Yes I just did that 😇) I was just jamming, with Jin sitting in his seat and occasionally talking. He turned to me, impressed, when I did the English rap.

"I didn't know you could rap! And your voice goes so low, it sounded a lot like Felix's right then!" he exclaimed.

"Thank you. But really, I can't rap... not well anyway." I amend my statement when I see one of his eyebrows raise. "I learned that song when it came out in 2018. It was ... one of my favorite songs at the time. After yours. Fake Love was, and still is, a bop."

"Oh I see. The English reminds you of home."

"I guess so. I've never really thought about it," I reply, and we let the song finish in silence. (Minus our humming, seat dancing and general bopping.)

"Your destination is on the left," announced Jin's Siri after what feels like ages of driving. In fact, it was about 45 minutes. Looking out the windshield to the left, my jaw dropped. Outlined against the darkening sky was a wide, tall building. But that wasn't what caused me to take in a quick breath and utter "Oh my gosh." No, the most striking feature of this building was the windows.

Each one had a decal or poster in it, glowing from the inside lights with a brightly colored Line Friends character. I was greeted by Brown the bear, Cony the bunny, and Sally the chicken right off the bat. I also saw Leonard the frog, one of my favorite characters. I just want to squish his cheeks so badly! He's too darn cute.

I stared up at the building, craning my neck until it wouldn't go any farther to help me gaze out of the car window. I shifted in my seat, trying to see the whole thing without spending time out in the cold. I heard Jin-oppa laugh at my position, but I was busy looking. Line characters smiled and winked from every orifice of light, and I tried to prepare myself for all that I would experience inside, taking a deep breath.