Epilogue

Heads Up! This first description may be a little difficult to understand-- at the end of the chapter, I'll explain where I got the visual from so you can go and admire it yourself 🙂

Five Years in the Future

"Arms up," instructs the attendant softly, tying a thick belt over the second layer of my hanbok. As I lift my arms, the fabric hangs off them in large swaths, covering the tighter-fitting sleeves underneath. I'm currently wearing a simple but beautiful underlayer hanbok, and now, a bright red overlayer with larger sleeves, colorful embroidery, and an almost crest-like circle over my midriff. My hair had been tied up into a thick braided design (if you don't have long hair or thick hair, the attendants will put in extensions) at the back of my head, and a thick gold pin held a metal detail on top of the braided section. Lastly, a black headpiece with beads dangling over my forehead was carefully placed on the very front of my hairline. A pair of long black fabrics flowed over my back and shoulders. The whole hairdo was heavy, but it felt high-class, like I was an empress (albeit a nervous empress) going to greet her people. The multiple skirts had the same effect on me. I was nervous, no doubt about it, but I was happy.

I 'm getting married to Jeon Jungkook.

As the last touch to my outfit, my makeup was done, and a pair of red circles were pressed onto the apples of my cheeks. According to the lady who put them on, their purpose was to ward off ghosts attempting to sabotage the wedding.

When I'm deemed ready for viewing, I'm walked by two more women through the wedding hall to a private room where I am seated to take photos. In a Korean wedding, this is the only time to take photos with guests, so there's already a line of people waiting to come in. My family, Kookie's family, our friends, the rest of BTS, TXT, and Bang PD-nim, as well as some of Jungkook's other friends such as Cha Eunwoo (Astro), Jeong Jaehyun (NCT), and Kim Mingyu (Seventeen). For my part, I invited all of Stray Kids and ITZY, as well as JYP himself. I wanted to invite more, but any more people would simply be too much for a "small (ish) wedding."

Kookie walks into the room right then, breaking me from my thoughts as my eyes take in his blue hanbok, traditional headpiece, and bright smile. I want to stand up and hug him, but I figure that would annoy the ladies who had worked so hard to make my skirt lay flat, so I simply kiss his cheek when he walks up next to me.

"I love you," he whispers.

"I love you too, my Kookie," I murmur back, and then the first people enter the room. I'm sitting in the middle of the room, on my chair, and for the first picture, both his mom and mine enter the room, looking beautiful in their own hanboks. The three of them stand behind me, then our fathers come in, and finally, we take a group photo with my brother, Junggukkie's brother, and both of our parents. Caleb, who now stands far taller than me, is a muscular 19 year old who looks a little awkward in the hanbok mom bribed him into wearing. He doesn't really look like he knows what he's doing in it.

After our families have left the room, Kat and Taytem walk in with the rest of Bangtan. They both look short next to the members, although at least Taytem and Jimin are pretty similar in height. Kat and Yoongi are holding hands, both of them looking frankly amazing in their hanboks. In fact, every person in the room looks fantastic. The stylists and designers did a great job, and all of the people are beautiful too. We all smile brightly, and then Bangtan goes with Jungkook to talk about something and I am left to take photos with just Kat and Taytem, which is really soothing to my nerves. Soon after them comes ITZY, all of them shining like little stars in their hanboks, and Stray Kids, who look a little silly in their fancy fabrics and Converse or Vans. Kookie returns in time for a photo with TXT, who are wearing matching blue, white, and black hanboks. Finally, we take a photo with Jungkook's friends, and the ceremony is due to begin.