Text History (Kat and Y/N) ep 5

Kat's POV

I was just pouring the batter into the waffle iron for my breakfast. (Even though it's such a stereotypical American breakfast, I still love waffles.)

My phone suddenly dinged with the special ring-tone that I reserve for important people. I knew that I should look immediately, just in case it was urgent. It was either my parents, one of my siblings, or Y/N. I wiped off my hands and opened my phone, closing the lid of the waffle iron as I did so. I saw that the notification was from messages, and specifically Y/N.

I knew that she had just left the house about ten minutes ago, which meant she might need me to run something out to the bus stop for her. But when I looked at the message, it was just a simple plea.

"Kat!" it said. "I forgot to get milk yesterday. Will u pick up some on ur way home?"

I'm about to respond, after recovering from my almost heart attack.

I swear I am.

But my waffle timer went off.

If the waffles are calling, I must go.

After taking out and buttering my waffle, I return to the dining table and receive another notification from Y/N.

"KAT!" the screen reads. "I forgot about Hobi's birthday!!!!!! im dying.... My baby is 26 already. Although he's not my bias, I would give legit ANYTHING to meet him today and say 'Happy Birthday'".
That's my girl. Trying to make her texts look like she knows text culture and failing, well read young lady that she is. She put an apostrophe in "he's", and spelled everything right... Yup. That's my girl.

"I know, honey. But ur heart was stolen by Kookie, huh?" I respond. I always find myself spelling better when texting her, as well. Then I second later, I add:

"And yes, I'll get some milk. Whole, right?"

I'll pick up the milk after my 11 am class. Her reply comes in after a whole minute of me, desperately waiting, so I can add milk to the grocery list.

"Yup to both questions." Okay, so whole milk then. I write down exactly that. 'Whole milk'.

"How cool would it be to meet Hobi and then have him introduce me to the other members?! But that'll never happen...😭" she ends sadly, and I feel for her. I know exactly how much she wants to meet the members of BTS, because I do too.

I text her back. "I know. Maybe someday, our wish will come true. Have fun at work!"

I have literally no clue how she would have fun while being a waitress. But I guess it's the thought that counts?

THEN

A few minutes into my beautiful waffle...

She texts back. And what I see is INSANE.

It's a selca.

But not just ANY selca.

It's a selca of....

(Insert dramatic sound effect)

.

.

.

.

.

J-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE! Sorry I couldn't resist... 😁

I'm JungSHOOK right now

I'm JungSHOOK right now. How on Earth did she manage to do that? I mean, this is an idol we're talking about. My waffle almost drops out of my mouth.

"Omigosh!" I text back. "Is that legit Hobi right now?!"

"Of course it is!" comes the reply from Y/N. "He sat next to me at the bus stop and he's going to Ossu Seiromushi as well!"

"Well im jealous...." I tell her. "I would love to meet him someday. Ur so lucky!!!!"

"I know. I'll tell you the whole story when I get home tonight, okay?"

"Okeeey. Bye!" I look closely at the photo of Hoseok. I seriously can't believe the luck of my little dongsaeng. Can't wait to hear this story, from start to finish.

I'm actually writing this on the same day as the last couple of episodes

I'm actually writing this on the same day as the last couple of episodes... I thought that maybe I should hold myself to a maximum of two episodes per day. I thought it would be fun to try writing from Kat's POV, just to see what her life might be like. Unfortunately, I can't make her do really crazy stuff, because the REAL Kat, who is my friend, also reads these. Luv you my unnie! I purple you all! Thank you. 💜