Surprise? (ep 14)

Jungkook's POV

My intention was to kiss her. On the lips. I really wanted to kiss her. I wanted her to feel my love through a physical feeling. I really, really, really wanted to kiss her.

But then the lights came on, and saw how scared she was. She was a deer caught in the headlights, held in place by me. And all of a sudden, I knew that if I touched our lips together, if I made her feel me in this place, now, then she would never be able to accept me.

She would forever detest me, because I couldn't wait for her.

And so I decided to wait.

※⁜※⁜※⁜※⁜※⁜※⁜※

Y/N's POV

We played some more hide and seek, but I was found pretty quickly every time. My brain still couldn't process what had happened. Jeon Jeongguk, my bias, my life-preserver in this storm we call life, my new friend who had just met me that night, had pulled me into a dark closet and been about to kiss me, I was almost positive.

But why?

No one at home had ever liked me at all, not in that way. I wasn't especially pretty in my view, and heck, I wasn't even from Korea! I didn't know if ARMY would like me as the boys' friend, let alone the girlfriend of one of the members... what was happening?!

But no.

I couldn't lose sight of my original purpose.

I wanted to be friends, and friends only, with BTS.

That's it.

If anyone decided to ask me out, then I'd just have to refuse on behalf of ARMY.

Yes, that's what I'd do. It made sense, and nobody could force me into it that way.

I just hoped it wouldn't come to that. I'd much rather have my heart broken and hopes crushed than do the same to any of the members, let alone my bias.

Goodness gracious.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?" asks Jimin as he sits next to me, jolting me out of my thoughts. The couch sinks a little as he sits, and I shift a little towards him.

"Well..." I respond, not sure how to continue. "I guess just tonight. How I found the best hiding spot in the house. How I met some people that I've loved for a long time. How no-one seems to hate me yet." It's nice. Having some friends besides Kat to make me feel better.

Although I'm not sure what to feel about Kookie at the moment.

"How Jungkook almost kissed you?" Jimin teases. He then adopts a kinder, concerned expression. "Seriously, though, how are you feeling?"

"I don't even know at this point," I tell him honestly. "I'm just confused, since nobody at home ever liked me in that way, or at least not enough to tell me. I've never had a boyfriend, or kissed anyone, or done anything at all. And I'm 21!"

"You know, I bet those guys back in America just didn't know you well enough to ask you out. You're pretty and smart and you're nice to everyone, even idols." Jimin gives me a smile that illustrates his mochi cheeks. It's adorable.

I sigh. "Thank you." I force a smile onto my face, and it's not as hard as I thought. "But even so, my inexperience is highlighted in everything I do with you guys. I just wish I knew what the best thing to do is."

"I know, Y/N. But just know that we all love you as a little sister already. Jin-hyung was excited that you gave him a reason to try a new recipe. Namjoon-hyung was excited to speak both English and Korean with you. Hobi-hyung was happy that you treated him like a human instead of an idol--"