Mini Episode Dos; Kat and Yoongi 'cause they're the ship of the century

Kat's POV

Yoongi asked me to come out with him for dinner tonight. Sunday. Great night, although it always reminds me of the pain of waking up on Mondays . . .

Either way, I'm going out to dinner. We're going to a smaller place, but still a nice place for a date. I've been instructed to wear something 'somewhat fancy-ish'.

Like that clears anything up.

I dress myself in a little bit oversized dress shirt, which I've tied at the bottom to make a cute knot. On the bottom I have some black skinny jeans, and my face gets some lip gloss and mascara. I put my favorite asymmetrical moon and star earrings in, with a long necklace that ends in a shell from California. I found it on our seventh grade trip, one of my favorite memories from before I met Y/N. After that, a lot of my favorites are with her.

Back to what's actually happening.

Yoongi is picking me up in approximately ten minutes, which is just enough for me to finish a chapter of Soulmates, a Yoongi x Reader FF. I'm really enjoying it. One chapter later, I get a text from Y/N. She's still at work, dear child. Although it sounds like she's coming home.

Bestest Dongsaeng in the Whole Mikrokosmos

I'm going to miss you at home. Have a good night with Yoongi!

I expect you home by midnight, okay?

Me

🙄 kay EOMMA

Bestest Dongsaeng in the Whole Mikrokosmos

Love you too! 💜

Sometimes I question who out of the two of us is the oldest. She acts like a mom sometimes. Of course, I guess I do too. But not nearly as often. Although to be fair I'm the youngest out of three siblings, while she was always the oldest child in her family.

When Yoongi is in front of our apartment building, he texts me and I quickly slip on some flats and a jacket and walk out the door. I climb into his silver BMW, marvelling inwardly at how beautiful my boyfriend is. His hair is so perfectly dyed right now, with lighter highlights on light brown hair. And he's dressed in a red jacket over a white turtleneck sweater. It looks warm and comfy. I love turtlenecks.

"Hey Kitten," Yoongi says with a smile at me. That smile could melt me into a puddle.

"Hey Yoongles," I reply with a smile of my own. I strap my seatbelt in and he puts the car in drive. "How are you?"

He takes in a breath and seems to consider my question before answering. It's a trait that I've noticed in Y/N as well. She always thinks about this question seriously before answering. People always think she's unhappy and thinking of a way to cover it up.

"I'm... good." I glance over at him. "This whole experience is unlike anything we've ever done before, it's going to be huge. I guess I'm just worried that I won't be able to live up to ARMY's standards."

"Yoongi, the reason that ARMY loves you is because you're you. I understand the pressure on you, but even when you mess up, you're adorable. You melt ARMY's hearts with your beautiful smile. The rap and the dance, that's what enhances your character. When we can see the real you on stage, it doesn't matter what you're doing. You're amazing, just the way you are. That's why I love you."

"Thanks, Kat," he murmurs. He reaches one hand over and squeezes my knee, reminding me of my dad. "You're amazing too."

I smile with a little happy giggle coming out of my throat.

"Thanks." My thigh is left cold when he retracts his hand, using it to drive. I watch the streets of Seoul go by as the setting sun glares off of the skyscrapers nearby, making me squint my eyes and pull down the visor in the car.