Message (ep 33)

~~~~~~~~~~~

I open Messages, expecting to see something like 'Hope you ate well, Y/N!' or something else kinda cheesy but still really nice to get before you go to bed. Instead, I feel my heart stutter and then restart, going way too fast.

And here's what the message said:

~~~~~~~~~~~

💜Kookie! 💜

Hey

Just letting you know we're going out Sat

Wear something comfy

Be ready by 10

I realize that I need to start breathing in the five seconds after I read the text. My heart is hammering away in my chest and I'm starting to feel a bit lightheaded. I collapse back into my chair, feeling the wood dig into my spine, so I shift to make it less painful as I try to process.

I just got invited on a date.

Why is this feeling so unfamiliar?

I hear the toilet flush and water flowing as Kat washes her hands, then she exits the back hallway after about a minute. Upon seeing my shell-shocked expression, she rushes over and stands in front of me worriedly.

"Is you otae?" Her voice is loud in the silent room.

"Yeah, I'm okay, I think," I tell her. She sees the open phone on the table and doesn't hesitate to grab the device. I don't really protest, not knowing how to explain my feelings at the moment. As her irises scan over the text, Kat's eyes get wide and she smiles.

"It's about time! I know they're busy, but it's been way too long since you two got together. He needs to see you without his hyungs along for the ride sometime, doesn't he?"

"That's one way of looking at it, I guess," I agree, coming out of my bubble. "But what should I wear? Casual meaning like nice-looking casual or like doesn't matter if it gets dirty casual?! It's hard to dress without knowing what I'm dressing for!" My voice progressively gets higher until I sound like a mouse squeaking, as opposed to a human speaking.

"Calm yourself, Dongsaeng," she tells me, handing back my phone. "You have four whole days to decide, and you could also ask him what to wear. It's not like he speaks a different language. Well, he does speak a different language, but you speak it too, so it's fine." I giggle at her choice of words and then full on laugh at her reconsideration of them.

"Okay, I'll text him back. What should I say though?"

"How about 'What are we doing? I need to know so I can dress properly.'"

"Sounds good." I type the message into my phone, adding a few words.

Me

I'm excited!

But what r we doing?

I hafta know in order to dress right

💜Kookie! 💜

Can't tell it's a surprise 😉

But you should wear short sleeves so they don't drag. We'll be inside

I'm fine with whatever honestly

Me

😑

K

I show the new text to Kat, and she agrees that he's being... unnecessarily cryptic. Over the course of the week, she agrees to help me find clothes that look cute and still fit his requirement.