Pancakes and Presents (ep 30)

Y/N's POV

I woke up early on Tuesday with the intention of making pancakes. Why, you ask?

Well.

Today was Tuesday, March second.

You still don't understand?

It's Kat's birthday today.

I creep out of my room after getting dressed and carefully lift a pan from its resting place in the cabinet, making sure to be as quiet as possible. I place it on the stove, leaving it there in favor of removing a box of pancake mix and pouring said mix into a bowl. I follow the instructions for the mix and grab some butter, greasing the pan and turning on the heat. Finally, I am ready to begin making little disks of deliciousness.

TtTtTtTtTtTtTtTtTtTtT

Kat's POV

I wake up to a familiar smell that seems out of place. It reminds me of sleepovers back home, when my mom would make... pancakes? Could it be?

As I sit up, my eyes snag on the outfit I wore to our interview yesterday, bringing back the sheer euphoria of our success. I clutch my pillow to my chest in a desperate attempt to get the happy energy out and end up pulling a stunt similar to Namjoon when he was dressed up as a girl; flopping around on the bed and squealing.

Thirty seconds later Y/N knocks on my door. "Are you okay in there?" she questions worriedly through the wood.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just happy," I reply.

"Can I come in and give you a good morning hug?"

"Sure, come on in." I shift in my sheets so that it'll be easier for her to sit down next to me, and the door swings inward, giving me a view of my friend. She looks... proud? "What happened to you?" I ask, to which she only smiles in return. Then she turns behind her and brings out a breakfast-in-bed table, complete with my favorite morning treat, pancakes.

And it doesn't stop there. The pancakes are decked out with sliced strawberries and chocolate chips, making up my absolute favorite breakfast. Next to that are some sausage links, which I adore. Last, but certainly not least is a mug of coffee, and it looks exactly the way I like it.

Ddaeng. She really knows what I like.

I only become aware of my dropped jaw when she laughs and says "Kat, if you don't close your mouth you'll be eating dust particles instead of breakfast!"

I close my mouth hurriedly and sit up as well as I can to receive the tray. Then after she's placed it over my covered thighs, Y/N sits in the empty space on the bed that I left for her. I take my first bite of pancake, chewing slowly and closing my eyes to enjoy the flavor of them.

"Happy birthday, Kat." Her voice is nice and soft and the pancakes are delicious in my mouth and I'm content here. Then my ears pick up on something besides Y/N shifting on my sheets and the sounds of my own teeth decimating the pancakes. (Ermahgerd I love the word 'decimate') I open my eyes and look up at my friend suspiciously.

"Did you invite someone else over to celebrate?" My voice is a mix of confusion and suspicion. Her eyes sparkle.

"No?" She fights to conceal her smile and fails, I can see her happiness shining through every pore on her body. I pick up my coffee and take a deep swallow, then move to the sausage.

"Who is it?" I have a sneaking suspicion as to who it could be.

"Some friends... nobody all that special. Is it okay if they come in?"

"Sure."

Y/N reaches over to straighten a few of my wild morning curls, and then gets up and pokes her head through the doorframe, calling "We're ready for you!" I hear some voices and footsteps, then exactly who I expected to step through the door comes through.