1

Friday

Zach Herron. The boy had his work cut out for him. He got outstanding grades, great reports from teachers and staff, many people enjoyed his company, and above all he was going to get into a great college. Myta and Josh were so proud of his son, they are just waiting for a girl to come into the picture.

"Zachary! Are you up yet!" Myta yells at her son from downstairs in the kitchen. "On my way down now!" Zach yells back buttoning up his uniform shirt and soon after tying his tie. He always had to look a certain way.

Many kids at Zach's school would do something with their uniforms to make them stand out, but Zach just kept up with the dress code, even though he wishes he didn't.

It was what his parents wanted, and whatever his parents said goes.

He goes into the bathroom to gel his hair up in the same way he usually does, pointing upwards off his forehead. He grabs his toothbrush and brushed his teeth to make them shine.

You would think everything Zach had and was, was perfect and just full of perfection. However, then you wouldn't know who Zach Herron was away from his parents super vision.

Zach rushes downstairs ready to greet his mother a nice good morning.

"Morning sweetie, breakfast is on the table." She says with a smile. And then her gaze goes to Zach's shirt.

"Zach! Come on, come here." Myta says frustratedly. "Yes momma...?" Zach asks confused but follows his mother's oders.

"Your tie is crooked." She answers making Zach roll her eyes. "Your OCD is insane," Zach says taking a seat. "It's always good to make a great impression." Myta says taking off her apron.

"I'm literally in the house, who do I need to impress?" Zach answers annoyingly as he picks at his food. He liked the food that was prepared for him, pancakes with a side of eggs and bacon, he just wasn't hungry at the moment.

"It's good practice for when you leave the house," his father Josh says taking a sip from his coffee.

"Also, don't pick at your food and sit up straight boy. I'm not going to be raising a kid who slouches all the time. Look presentable for once." Josh says looking at the newspaper beside his plate.

Zach gets frustrated at times with his family, he can't take it sometimes. They stress him out especially when they criticize him in his own home. Parents are supposed to be loving, Zach's parents only pretended to be 'loving.'

Was he just an experiment for them?

"Okay yeah, well I'm out." Zach says standing up from the table. "Zach." His father says sternly eyeing him waiting for a better answer. The boy internally groans and he sits back down.

"May I please be excused?" Zach replies calmly with a trace of annoyance slightly detected. "Yes you may," his father replies with a nod.

The young brunette gets up from his seat walking towards the front door to put on his dress shoes and to slide on his dress coat. He takes his school bag from off a hanger with the rest of some hung up things.

He opens the door, ready to rush out before his parents say or ask anything else. "Oh Zach!" Myta says rushing over to her son before he leaves. Maybe she was gonna tell him something a parent would say out of love for their kid.

For instance, 'have a great day at school,' or 'I love you and get home safe' or 'Hope you make some new friends!', but of course it was never anything like that.

"Please get a girlfriend this year, your father and I would love to know you won't end up alone. That is not what the lord intended for your future. We want you to have kids and raise a nice family." Myta says rubbing his shoulder.