21

Wednesday

"Mr. Herron, do you mind seeing me after class for a moment?" Mr. Richards whispers as he hands Zach the study guide for their upcoming test.

"Yeah, of course."

Mr. Richards gives him a quick smile as he goes back to the front of the class.

"I swear you guys are fucking," Jack says a she flips his pencil from off the table.

"Stop being a child," Zach answers as he snatches the pencil from off the table.

Jack groans as he plops his head down onto the table.

"Life must suck for you, huh?" Zach asks as he weaves his pencil into the boy's curls.

Jack hums a response as he doesn't lift his head up, allowing Zach to mess with his hair.

"Aren't you two just adorable," Daniel whispers as he teases his friend.

Zach turns around flicking him in the head.

"Do your work."

Daniel scoffs as he starts taking notes again, "You should take your own advice."

After the bell rings and people start exiting the classroom, Zach being the last one getting his stuff into his bag.

"Don't be too loud Herron," Jack says with a wink as he slides his bag onto his shoulder.

"Go away," Zach groans as he shoves the boy out the door of the classroom.

He's annoyingly cute. And it's annoying that I think this!

"I'm just checking in about the tutoring. Jack's grades haven't been improving...however, he has been doing the homework." Mr. Richards says as he pulls up the recent assignment.

"But answering the questions with scribbles."

Zach looks at the paper mentally slamming his head on one of the desks.

How the fuck did he get into this school.

"I just want to make sure that you are actually helping him, and that he isn't being a burden. I just don't want to have to hold him back by repeating this class over the summer."

Zach nods as he fiddles with the strap of his bag.

"Okay, I'll do my best with teaching him."

Mr. Richards gives a delighted smile as he places the assignment away in his folder. "Thank you, have a nice evening Mr. Herron."

Zach nods as he gives a small wave exiting out the door.

He speed walks down the hallway towards a figure who is leaning his back against his locker. His eyes glued to his phone.

"You doodle on your homework Jack. Really?"

Jack looks up from his phone for a split second. "Why would you think that, Herron?"

Zach rolls his eyes as he also leans his back up against the lockers, "If you don't try, you're gonna have to let me tutor you."