12

The two boys step fully into the house as Zach shuts the door behind them.

He grabs a hold of Mae's hand as the little girl leads them to her coloring table in the house.

"Mae, why don't you go with Jack I'll be right there," Zach says with a smile as he makes his way to the many stairs in the house.

Mae takes a hold of Jack hand as she pulls the boy telling him to sit.

"Okay cutie, what do you wanna color?" Jack asks as he looks at the coloring books and many blank pieces of paper.

Mae picks up a coloring book for princesses and opens it up to the page she is halfway done with.

"Here! Cwolor dis one!" She says pointing to Princess Jasmine.

"Okay," Jack says finding crayons to start coloring.

Zach finally makes it up the stairs as she knocks on the first door to his right.

"What!" A voice says on the other side.

"Are you gonna come out soon Em?" Zach says against the door. He could heat the girl shuffling and whispering.

"Not really!"

He could hear something opening and closing and some more whispering and shuffling.

The door suddenly opens causing Zach to back his head away from the door.

She rolls her eyes as she pushes past Zach heading down the stairs.

Zach looks to her and then around her room.

What was all that noise?

However, he just shrugs ignoring it making his way down the stairs following after Emma.

"Em, are you hungry?" Zach says as he heads for the kitchen.

"I don't know. Don't really care," She says scrolling through posts on her Instagram feed.

"Jacky! You cwolored out de lines!" Mae hell's with a giggle.

Jack looks down at his 'wonderful' coloring skills.

"Oh, you're right. Oops?"

She giggles as she starts coloring on his page trying to help him.

"Is someone else here?" Emma says picking her head up from her phone.

"Yeah, it's just a friend." Zach says after taking out some meat for steak and some broccoli.

"You have friends?" Emma says with a scoff.

Zach rolls his eyes. "Shocking right?"

Emma rolls her eyes back as the two share a glare for a moment. Zach reads the directions on the broccoli as he tries to see how long he should place it in the microwave.

Emma watches him as she gags. "I'm not eating that crap."

"Language." Zach scolds as he grabs a pan and sets it up on the stove.

"Mae won't eat that either." Emma says knowing Zach only tries to make Mae happy instead of her.

Zach picks his head up from what he's doing. "Really? What does she want?"

"Pizza."

Zach furrows his eyebrows as he thinks for a second. She likes pizza?

"Pizza...? Are you sure." He says placing his hands on the counter as he stares at her intently.

"Yup."

Zach locks eyes with the annoying 14 year old as they do almost like a staring contest.

"Fine." Zach groans as he pulls away from her eyes. He turns off the stove  and puts back the meat and package of veggies.