Chapter 16

"I was hoping you would like to have dinner with me tonight. I'd be cooking, of course. I know you don't like going out so you'll only be walking up to the alpha's suite, which he so kindly lent me for tonight." Benjamin grinned, climbing over me. We were currently lying down on the grass, away from the pack population. It was sunny outside, and he wanted to have a picnic.

"You cook?" I questioned.

"Mhm." He hummed, pecking my lips. "I cook even better when it's made with love."

I snorted. "Oh yeah?"

He chuckled, kissing my lips again. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulled away before pressing his lips against the skin on my neck softly. I tilted my head to the side to give him more access. He growled, pausing to stare at me. His eyes had changed colour and his pupils were dilated.

"We should probably head back." I muttered, blushing.

He nodded, sitting up. I smiled and pecked his lips before standing up. I looked up at the sky and frowned.

"It looks like it's going to rain." I whispered.

"Better go then." Ben answered.

We started walking back to the pack house when it suddenly started pouring. I squealed, walking hurriedly. Benjamin only laughed, following behind. By the time we were inside, we were both soaking wet.

"Come on up to my brother's suite. I'll get you all dried up." He grinned, walking up the stairs. I huffed, slowly walking up the stairs.

He closed the door behind me and smiled. "If you take your clothes off, I'll get them dried in the dryer. You can't keep them, you'll get sick. In the mean time, I have clothes you can borrow."

I nodded, pulling my shoes off. "Ok."

He smiled and went to his bedroom. I followed him, thanking him when he handed me a shirt and a pair of shorts to borrow.

"If you need help, call me." He kissed my forehead, leaving. I took a deep breath as pain started coursing through my spine.

"I can do this." I muttered to myself, pulling my trousers down, wincing slightly. I gulped and started pulling my t-shirt off but stopped as it started hurting badly. I tried a second time but failed, making me sigh.

"Benjamin?" I called out.

He walked in the bedroom, smiling sweetly at me. "Need help?" I nodded, looking down.

"Arms up slowly." He demanded. I followed his instructions. He pulled the t-shirt off of me gently as to not hurt me.

"Thank you." I muttered. He nodded, hands falling onto my waist as he looked me up and down.

"You're welcome." He whispered. My breath hitched when I felt him fiddling with the waistband of my boxers. His eyes had turned into a jade colour again. I gasped as I felt him pull my underwear down. His lips pressed onto to mine passionately while he pulled me flush against his body. I moaned, eyes closing. He pulled away and I watched as he took all his clothes before pulling me to the bed.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered into my ear, grinding onto me. I bit my lip, staring at him. He grinned, cupping my cheek as he grinded against me again. I moaned, closing my eyes. I whimpered as he took hold of my member.

"B-ben." I stammered, moaning as his hand slid up and down in slow movements. His lips pressed onto the skin on my neck and he started nipping and sucking at it. I frowned when he growled, pulling away.

"Someone's coming." He growled out, getting off of me. I stared at him, wide eyed.

"W-what?" I stuttered, confused.

He didn't say anything else. He got dressed in a hurry, and threw me a pair of underwear and a t-shirt before leaving. I sighed and got dressed, grimacing at the size of his t-shirt. It looked huge on me. I walked out of the bedroom, frowning as I heard Benjamin arguing with what sounded like a girl.

"Benjamin?" I called out, hesitantly.

"Go back in the bedroom, I'll be right there." He answered.

"Is that him? Can't I at least say hello?" The woman questioned. I frowned - this was odd.

"I said no. Now leave." Benjamin told her firmly.

"Make me." She replied before I saw her running towards me. She hid behind me, squeaking as Benjamin walked towards us with a glare.

"What's happening?" I questioned, once he was in front of us.

"Lily. I will not repeat myself. When I tell you something, I expect you to listen." He scolded at the girl. She sighed, standing beside me. She was almost my height, and looked to be a teenager.

"Yes, daddy." She said through gritted teeth. My eyes widened as I stared at her. I glanced at Benjamin then gasped.

He has a daughter.

I backed away slowly, staring at the both of them. "Benjamin. What's going on." I demanded. My heart was beating so fast and my breathing had quickened.

"August. Listen. I was going to tell you tonight." He started making me huff.

"Before or after mating?" I asked, glaring at him.

"I lost control. Look I'm sorry. We were just suppose to have dinner." He muttered, walking towards me. I backed away, pointing at him.

"Do. Not. Come. Closer."

He stopped, glancing at the girl - Lily. "This is Lily, my 15 year old daughter."

I hummed, looking down. "You do realise I'm almost her age."

He smiled wryly. "I've talked to her about it. She doesn't mind."

I huffed. "I do. You didn't tell me you had a daughter. We've known eachother for two months, Benjamin. You had plenty of time to tell me. I tell you everything, Ben. Am I not good enough for you? Am I not trust worthy enough for you?" I was annoyed.

"No, that's not it at all. August. I just-" he paused, running a hand through his hair, "I don't know. I was just worried. It was stupid of me to keep it a secret."

"I'm going to go. Have a nice time with your daughter." I muttered walking to the front door.

"August. Can we talk about this, please." He pleaded.

"We've talked about it, Benjamin." I stressed his name. "Also, you can leave without me. I don't see why I should move in with someone I don't even know." I opened the door and left, slamming it shut.

I walked down the stairs, biting my lip as tears fell down my eyes. "I'm so stupid." I muttered, wiping my eyes. I walked into my room and changed into a decent pair of clothes, cursing as I realised I forgot my shoes back at Benjamin's.

"I'll just wear my other ones." I muttered to myself. I packed a bag and decided to head to Esme's. I really didn't know where else to go. I know Mack would either kill me, or him... Or both.

I knocked on the door, wiping my eyes with the sleeves of my jumper.

"August!" Esme exclaimed, frowning. "What's wrong?" He then questioned, pulling me into his home.

"He has a daughter and he didn't even tell me." I whispered, glancing at him.

"Oh crap." I heard Mack curse. I frowned, looking to my right to see that Mack was there with his mate and Esme's mate. I looked back at Esme and frowned.

"Why are you guys not shocked?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Listen." Mack started. I huffed, shaking my head in disbelief.

"You knew." I whispered, running out of the house. I ran as fast as I could, not even bothering to look where I was going. I just wanted to get away from them.