Chapter 36 which is actually chapter 37

Oh my gosh! I forgot Peter's mate's name!!! Help, if you guys remember tell me, she will be called Maria. 🤷🏽‍♀️🤒😂

I'm sorry I couldn't update yesterday, I fell asleep, phone in hand 😂😂

I groaned when the doorbell rang. I closed the piano and ran downstairs to answer the door. My eyes widened at all our friends and family.

"Hey!" I greeted.

"Hi." They all answered back.

"What are you all doing here?" I frowned, letting them in.

"It's been a while." Mack answered, smiling at me.

I nodded. "Ben is working. Should I call him?" I asked.

"We met Lily on our way here, she said she'd do it." Peter replied.

"Cool. Do you want anything to drink? There's juice, beer, water."

"Beer, why not." Mack grinned. His wife glared at him making me laugh. She was pregnant, so she couldn't have any.

"Did you guys get pregnant at the same time?" I asked the Luna of their pack, and Mack's mate.

"Almost. I've only got two months to go, while Anna still has four." Maria replied.

"Cool." I nodded. I tensed when Ben walked in with Lily. He didn't even look at me before he started greeting everybody.

Alicia, Cole, Lily and I moved to the living room to talk.

"How has your to-do list been?" Alicia asked me, smiling.

"He's doing great. Dad and his relationship, not so much." Lily replied to Alicia.

"Damn." Cole muttered. I stopped myself from just bursting in tears right there, and simply bit my lip.

"I haven't gone out yet, but I've started cooking, with Lily, and I started doing house chores." I told my friends.

"What happened with you and your mate?" Cole asked, smiling sadly.

"He's making Lily Luna instead of me. Which is hurtful. I'm the alpha's mate. I'm the one who's supposed to have the title. Lily will have it when the time comes anyway, which is in five years time." I paused, sitting down on the couch.

"That's so out of order." Alicia growled.

"I told him to either step it up or I leave. I'm giving him a month." I whispered, looking down.

"Really?" Lily frowned.

I shrugged. "I don't want to live a life wondering if he'll ever love me as much as he loves Leonard. And if he can't move on, then that's ok. I'll find someplace to live, and I'll move on with my life. As hard and sad as it may be, it's the only thing left to do."

"Surely he'll change." Cole replied.

"Since I announced him that I was leaving if things didn't change, he's been ignoring me. I wish and hope things will change but I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up without a mate." I answered him, smiling sadly as a tear left my eye.

"I feel like it's my fault, I'm sorry." Alicia pouted.

"I sure didn't help." Lily sighed.

"We're not going to start the blame game. It's nobody's fault. We were just not meant to be." I smiled sadly.

"The moon Goddess paired you. She's never wrong." Lily mumbled.

"It's the modern world. Things don't always go as planned." I huffed.