Epilogue

Over the course of the following month, a lot had happened. I adjusted to my new position. All the trials of the traitors were held in Candor. They were open to anyone and it was almost hard to find a spot because a lot of people attended it.

Sending them to Factionless seemed like a threat because of Four's mother so except for the former leaders of Erudite and Dauntless everyone was assigned to mandatory social service. They would stay in Abnegation and help rebuild the faction they demolished.

A group of Dauntless was assigned to make sure they didn't try anything and actually served the society. When Marcus would see them fit to join the society at the first Choosing Ceremony they'd be given another chance to choose a faction. The ones who didn't comply would be sent to Factionless.

For Janine and Max, the masterminds of the whole uprising would be sent out, out of the fence. No one knew what was really behind them but we knew that it protected us. It wasn't safe to keep them in the city, the cells, the Factionless, they could be broken out and try to orchestrate something again and it was a bet none of us were willing to take. It was a harsh sentence but one needed, because of them a whole faction was killed.

When the first trial was taking place it involved my father as well. He seemed different then he used to be. He didn't talk to me as the whole thing happened. He was sent to Abnegation.

After the trial, there was a short break where Tris, Four, Eric and I were talking about the trial when Jack King approached us. He told us that he wanted to get together with the leaders to discuss the rest of the previous Dauntless leaders' punishment with the exception of Max.

He also patted my shoulder and told me " It's good to see you in black, plus I see you took my advice kid,". The rest didn't understand what it meant but I smiled and thanked him.

We also saw Caleb there. Tris was over the moon to learn that he was the leader now. As we greeted him I spotted the awkwardness between him and Eric. He was glaring at him and Caleb was seemingly uncomfortable. I assured him that we were just friends, nothing more and he became more relaxed after that.

Caleb told us that it took him some time but he got used to the position. He told us about the changes he made after me. Then he started talking about the development of his project and I was so excited and happy to see he went through with it. Even when the others got bored I stayed with him to talk about it.

Then, between the trials, Samantha and Ian actually went through with the wedding. They got married. The ceremony was just as chaotic as their relationship. Samantha was throwing a fit, wanting everything to be perfect and Ian was worried he was going to mess it up.

Rose and I were her bridesmaids. Since we were the only two we were also the maids of honor. Sam was Ian's best man. Since Candor was the law and justice part of the society they were officiating the weddings. And Sam and Samantha's older sister, apparently they had one, was the one to officiate it.

After the wedding, the twins had an emotional moment with their sister. She told them that their parents were still disappointed in them but she loved them nonetheless and was very happy for both of them to create a life for themselves and finding happiness. It was heartwarming. In the end, it was a beautiful ceremony.

Eric properly asked me to move in with him at the wedding and I accepted. It wasn't much of a struggle really, we were already basically living together as all the couples around us.

With spending too much time with Tris and Four I actually became close friends with them as well. I was already close to Tris but beneath the surface, Four was actually a pretty funny and chill guy. Sometimes he'd crack me up with his jokes so much that I would burst out with laughter.

When I went to check on the guard I was mostly with Rose and Samantha if I didn't need to check on anything significant and Sam was my go-to during my control center check-ups. And I usually made excuses to go see Ian.

I would also casually check on the initiate training. It was an excuse to see Eric and Abby. They'd keep me updated on Abby's situation but I still liked to see her every often. I remembered how the initiation could make one feel, and even if she did have friends maybe having me could help her to get her mind right so I'd try to help as much as I could even though Eric told me I didn't because Abby was a natural.

After the trials ended we went to Abnegation to check on the people. We had a short meeting with Marcus on everything that was going on, whether he needed any help to rebuild or with handling the criminals. He assured us that everything was fine and that he had already picked four other people to reform the government.

While we were walking around I spotted my mother instructing a criminal. As I made my way over to her she spotted me and we hugged. "How are you?" I asked her. She smiled, and it was a real one. "Everything's amazing honey, I'm honestly having the time of my life here," she said. I nodded. "That's great to hear mom, I'm glad you're so happy," I said.

Then she congratulated me on my new position, saying she heard it along with everyone and also asked me how Abby was doing. After chatting with her a while Eric joined us. They talked briefly then it was time for us to go.

Meanwhile, Four and I were closely monitoring the Factionless area, asking the police force to report any suspicions. I had informed him and Tris about what Jeanine said to me. Neither of us knew what or who 'they' were but we weren't taking any chances.

He was also worried about a possible move from his mother and he wanted to make sure we were ready if it happened. We didn't know what the future held for us but we were prepared.

Other than that, everything was going well. I finally felt like I could focus on my future with Eric and my friends. There were no major worries left, we got rid of Jeanine and stopped them. We were all together in Dauntless. We had saved the city. I had all of my closest friends with me. My family was okay. All was well.

Eric and I. Since there were no major problems we were focusing on ourselves mostly and our relationship had upped many levels. I couldn't believe how we ended up here. We were currently in our balcony, sitting on the sofa Eric got. His arms were wrapped around me and my head was leaned against his chest, we were watching the sky.

I couldn't believe how lucky I was. I couldn't believe how the Eric I used to tutor, the Eric that became a leader, the Eric that betrayed me, the Eric that helped me find myself, the Eric that I went through the ups and downs of life, the Eric that I loved so much that I'd give up my life, that we survived and we were here now, alive, together and happy.

He told me that he found himself when he found me. We were meant for each other and I planned on never letting him go just as he would do the same for me.

And at that moment everything became clear.

There was only one reason for that because he was the one for me.

And I was the one for him.