Fifteen

"So? What's the problem?"

"Huh? Wala. May sinabi ba ako na may problema?" Bea asked Deanna who just threw the middle part of the apple to the trash can. Oh, she made the shot BTW. Classic setter skills.

"You were all by yourself at 9pm, drinking water."

"So? Walang alak eh."

"Sino nag sabi?" Deanna reached in to the locked cabinet and put out 2 beers and opened both of them. She winked at Bea who is now grinning widely.

"So you and Jema huh?"

"Nah. We're friends." Bea almost spit her beer cause of what she heard from Deanna.

"Oh so did Jia and me, and Ate Ly and Mika. Oh and Ate Den and LA."

"No we really are. Besides, she just broken up with that jerk."

"Yea I heard she cheated again."

"Yea, and I heard na naging sila nung girl she cheated with and then broken up before we went here."

"Why?"

"I don't know, at least I don't." She left out a huge sigh.

"Lalim nun ah?"

"Yeaa. I don't know kasi Bei eh. Being with her today makes me want her more. I like to win her back, pero feeling ko lugi ako."

"Lugi?" Bea asked.

"Sakanya, sa ex nya."

"Baket naman? Looks pa lang lamang ka na ng pitong ligo."

"Gago."Deanna threw her a piece of cornik which Bea easily dodged. "Feeling ko, mahal pa den nya eh."

"Then win her back, too. Unahan mo na. You still love her right?"

"Oh yes." Deanna exclaimed. "I love her. So damn much."

"So what's holding you back?"

"I don't want take advantage of her vulnerability. That's you right? With Jia? You took your time."

"Yea, but we are a different book. Miguel was at states, Fhen is right here. One house from us. That's like, Bible and The Da Vinci Code."

"You're right."

"Of course I am. Make a move buddy. Baka mamaya magulat ka na lang sila na naman. Ikaw den." She gulped her last mouthful of beer and then stood up. "Don't worry. I'll support you all the way." She winked at me. "Good night." Deanna just nodded and then put the two bottle of beers on the trash can, where Coach O will definitely not gonna find out.

She tossed and turned that night. She can't sleep thinking of ways how to make her fall in love again. Even in the slight kick of alcohol in her system, she still can't sleep, deep in thoughts. Eventually, she closed her eyes and drifted to sleep.

The next morning, they have their usual morning run. She noticed that Jema is still sleepy and yawned for the third time in 10 minutes and she assumed that she didn't slept well, too.

After the run, they proceeded to the pantry to get their breakfast. She was about to stand up and approach Jema when Fhen gave her a sandwich and a coffee.

She said something and Jema just smiled and mouthed thank you to Fhen. Her friends teased her and she can hear Ced singing "Muling ibalik". She took a bite and chewed happily.

"See? Make a move." Bea whispered to her, while still looking at their table. Jema suddenly looked at her which made Deanna look away the moment their eyes met. She stirred her coffee and drank the remaining in one go. She stood up and proceeded to the court.

She was the first one to arrive there, she reached in for the cart of balls in the stock room. While doing it, she realized that maybe she was correct. Maybe Jema still love Fhen. She saw how giddy Jema was when Fhen gave her the sandwich. She was deep in thoughts when a person stood in front of her stopping the cart.

"Good morning Deanna." Jema said in a very jolly tune.

"G-Good morning coach Jema."

They were in a staring contest. When the murmur of players and coaches can be heard and the door opened, Deanna blinked.

"Excuse me." Deanna said and turned the cart to her left so she can pass by Jema.

What the fuck are you doing Deanna?! Kahapon napaka tapang mong hawakan at yakapin sya. Ngayon duwag na duwag ka na.

The entire practice was very awkward with both of them. Deanna was looking at her and when Jema caught her looking she will avoid her gaze.

They were cooling down and Deanna didn't join cause she was talking to Rod. They were discussing things.

"So how was last night? Inantay ka namin, we gave up when 8pm strikes you're still not back." Jia asked Jema.

"It's good. We had fun." Jema said plain. She was still worrying why Deanna is acting weird when they really had fun yesterday.

"You had fun to the point na hindi pa den kayo naguusap at hanggang tinginan lang kayo?" Jema looked at Jia with her one brow raised. "Oh com'on, you think we are blind and stupid?"

"We really had fun. Hindi ko nga alam kung baket sya ganyan."

"Ano bang nangyari before kayo mag hiwalay?"

"Uhm..." Jema looked up and trying to remember what happened before they split. "We went to this... uhm, somewhere, drove 4x4, then we kissed, then we..."

"What?!" Jia stood up and her voice echoed on the court. Jema has to drag her down again and looked at the coaches and players looking at them. "You kissed?!!" Jia asked her this time in a whisper.

"No. I kissed her." Before Jia could react again she stopped her. "Cheeks lang Ji. Wag OA."

"Then after that?"

"Wala na."

"Hmmm. Did she managed to saw..."

Jema's face gleamed. "Yes!!" She snapped her fingers and pointed to Jia. "She was looking at me after I took a bite. Jia you're so bright."

"I know!" She said just like Monica did in F.R.I.E.N.D.S. (watch the series if you haven't, worth it!!)

"Shit, where is she?" Jema said turning her head left and right. She was not on their team's table and in the room.

She stood up and went to Bea. "Bei. Saan?" She pointed at Deanna's spot earlier.

"Kausap si..." She turned her head and saw that she and Rod was not in the room. "Di ko alam Jema eh. Nanjan lang sya kanina."

"Hmm. Thanks." She went outside and turned to the houses when she saw a familiar figure on the shore. Standing, the water reaching her feet.

She hesitated when she saw Deanna stood up. The latter reached the bottle of liquid beside her and pour some on a shot glass. Then she drank it.

Really?! Right after practice?! Jema said to herself. Then she pour again some, she raised the glass and then dropped it to the sea.

What the hell is happening? Jema thought.