Deiciseis

As I went back to work that time after I got clearance from the doctor, Deanna and I have had numerous awkward encounters.

At times, back at the house, we avoid each other, not looking at each others eyes and there was a significant amount of change between how we talk.

My reason? I just had broke up with the love of my life.

Jia.

I had caught a text from Miguel to her saying I love you and he was hoping she'd come back to him.

But for Deanna, she was awkwardly avoiding me cause she stole something from me.

The GANB proposal and blueprint.

I had known that she had her hand on it cause I caught her. But I didn't get the chance to confront it with her at that time cause I was having the worst time of my life, and Jema had to talk to me about it.

"Hey." She entered my room surprised. I had a glass of whiskey at my hand. "Too early for that."

I smiled. "You want one?"

"Nah, I have a meeting with Ced later. Thanks by the way, I needed her help with things here in the office."

"Oh yeah, her flight was due for next month but she insisted in coming now."

"Ahh." She sat on front of me and I sipped my drink.

"Oh by the way I need the reports from the marketing. I'll review and present them to the board."

"Sure, after you tell me how it happened." I looked at her and I already knew what she was talking about. "Ced, told me."

I smiled. "Of course." I said sarcastically.

She laughed.

Ced really isn't good on keeping secrets.

"Well?" She asked.

"Uhm, you know when you are in a life and death situation, you kinda see your life flash in front of you?"

"Uh-uh."

"Well, when I got shot, I experienced that. But not my life flashed backwards. It was actually Jia's life flashed forward."

I have had rehearsed that story all over my head. The lie that I made up so as not to blame Jia for this break up. For her own good.

"It was Jia's life with a... normal family. My visions really wasn't specific on him, but when we talked, I mentioned Miguel to her. That she should be with him."

"Oh, Bea." Jema reacted. "Why did you do that?"

"What? It's true. He loves her. Still. When we had the meeting for his charity, I can see the sincerity on his words. Jia's his life and I snatched it from him."

"No." She said and I looked at her. "Jia fell in love with you cause he fucked up, she got someone pregnant."

"Yea, cause he fucked up. Not because I'm Bea. She seek comfort from the only person that didn't blamed her for what happened in the first place." I said and she didn't reacted. I sighed in frustration. I didn't realized that my voice was actually went a little bit louder.

"Sorry." I said. "I just..." I sighed again. "It's still fresh."

"Pinagtabuyan mo sya, Bea. Ano ba sa tingin mong mararamdaman nya?"

I looked away from her.

"Sorry. I'm sorry for what happened. Pero baka naman there is another way that you guys can make up." Jema said.