18

My heart skipped a beat.

"What?" I asked, my throat getting dry.

Damon let out a short laugh. "You really thought I wouldn't check up on you in the nine months you were pregnant?"

"Damon, I-" 

He cut me off. "What was his name, Scout?"

"I don't want to do this," I said, a lump forming in my throat. "Please don't tell mom and dad," I cried.

Damon huffed, rolling his eyes. "Scout, I would never do that to you. I know if you didn't tell them, I had no place to. Just please don't keep this stuff from me. Now I wanna hear it from you. So tell me what happened," Damon said sympathetically.

I gulped. "Remember when you let me borrow the Mercedes? I went to that party, and got with a guy who used to bully me and stuff. He was actually kind of different than what I thought, but somehow, he got me pregnant. Then I had the baby. We named him Jax." I said my voice breaking, just thinking about it. "When I had the baby, I don't know what happened. He called the police on me, framing me for all this stuff, that they dropped the next day, but I never saw my baby again. Or him. I think Jax is with his sister. I never checked. I just.... moved on." I whispered out. "If the DOGS find out, " I trailed off.

"They won't. If anyone can hide something it's you Scout. But why didn't you tell me?" 

I sighed. "Because I didn't want to risk Mom and Dad finding out. They'd kill the guy. And I didn't want you to be disappointed in me," I said looking down. 

"Hey, Scout," Damon said, looking over to me. I met his gaze. "I'd never be disappointed in ya kiddo. You make me proud. Ciel too," he said smiling. 

It made me smile. "I haven't seen Ciel in forever," I said changing the subject.

"I know. Mom is dropping him off tomorrow. Says she wants him to experience the real world. I told the DOGS lady I'd drop you back off Monday," Damon said. I was confused. What day is it even? Damon sensed my confusion. "It's Saturday, Scout," he said laughing at me. 

I nodded, and we went back to our silence. We didn't do much after that. Just catching up, and enjoying the weather. We went to bed, and woke up early in the morning for our mom.

I haven't seen my mom in almost 10 years. 

To say I was scared was an understatement. 

I got up, and got dressed in a cropped short sleeve shirt, it was white, despite Damon's complaints. I wore black ripped jeans, and the necklace she gave me. I kept my hair in my messy braids, and put sandals on. I met Damon in the kitchen for breakfast. He seemed nervous too. 

Too nervous for mom. 

"Damon, what's wrong? You're too antsy," I said, narrowing my eyes.

"What? No I'm not," he said blowing me off. Something wasn't right. 

The doorbell rang, and he jolted up to answer it, and I ran after him. I had a bad feeling in my stomach.

Damon opened the door to reveal a woman in a white dress, and sunhat, who radiated light, holding my little brother's shoulder, who had black hair, and clear blue eyes. But that's not what caught my eye. It was the tall figure behind them, cad in black. Dark hair, and bottomless black eyes. 

My father. 

Death himself.

I ALMOST peed my pants. 

Maybe I did, just a little. 

"Hey guys, long time no see," Damon said, welcoming them in.