39

I woke up in a twin sized bed, a little boy asleep in my arms.

Did I fall asleep?

Fuck.

I was gonna kill Mark, damn. 

I carefully unwrapped myself from Jax, and without disturbing him, I crept out the room, not making a single noise.

"Coming to get me?"

I nearly jumped a foot in the air. 

"Jesus fucking christ Marcus, don't creep up on me like that," of course he would heard me getting up. Fucking superhuman looking ass. 

Mark just smiled at me, and walked down the small hall, back to the couch. I followed, curling up next to where he sat. "I'm not gonna kill you. I think we can come to an agreement, where you stay the hell away from me and give me my son back, and in exchange, I won't kill you." 

"Oh yeah?" He scoffed, "And where are you gonna run away and hide with Jax? They'll just come find you, and we'll all be fucked." 

I rolled my eyes. I was thinking I could take Jax with me back to the Underworld, but I'd never be able to hide the fact he's my son from my parents, and I'd ruin his whole life in the human world. I wanted to take Jax and run for the hills, but there was no way I could. It pissed me off, and made me want to cry. "Well then what's your idea genius?" I said crossing my arms. 

"What if we just didn't hide the fact we know each other?"

I nearly choked. "What?"

"I mean it'd be easier to just say we knew each other from high school."

I laughed, "Yeah you're right. You know what actually? I think it'd be ever easier if we just went straight to the board and said we have a kid too. I mean what are they gonna do? Prosecute us for lying to a government agency? No, I think they'll understand, right?"

Mark did not look amused.

I dropped my smile. "Mark, if we tell them we know each other, they might just dig more, and what if that leads to Jax? We can't just gamble like that."

He sighed. "How about this then, we tell them we met a few weeks ago."

"Okay so we met a few weeks ago and I almost killed you for what looked like a pretty big grudge that I've been holding for a couple weeks? Is that believable?" 

"Oh my god, what the fuck do you think we should do then? Cause obviously none of my suggestions are up to your standard," Mark gritted. 

I swallowed. Okay so maybe I was a little harsh. "What about... I don't know," I sighed. 

"I don't get why we can't just say you're my girlfriend."

"Maybe because I don't want anyone to even think we have a connection."

"Well you lost that fight when you screamed my full name in front of the whole stadium. Kind of hard to say you've never met me in your life after that, so it's on you," he shrugged.

I scoffed, "So this is all my fault then, huh?" 

"Yeah pretty much," he nodded. 

I shook my head at him. "Unbelievable."

I had to admit, just making it seem like we had never met wouldn't fool anyone. It was pretty damn obvious we knew each other. Fuck. 

"I can't believe I'm gonna say this," I gritted, "But I don't think I have a choice," I sighed. 

Mark turned his attention to me, "I'm listening." 

I huffed, "Okay so what if we just say we used to date a few year ago, but had a really bad break up, so I was pissed when I saw you, but we didn't know about each others presence at the agency until our fight?" 

Mark grinned at me. "Wanna get back together then?"

"No," I deadpanned. 

He laughed, "I know you told the guy at the desk that day that you were my girlfriend when you put me in the hospital."

"W-what? How? There's no way you heard me say that," I stuttered.

"He told me about it, Heather. Don't you know I hear everything that goes on around there? Especially when random girls are dropping my name like they own it." 

I pursed my lips. Damn him. "I don't think Heather wants to get back into a relationship with you."

"Oh is that what she said?"

"Yeah."

"We're talking about the same one, right? Heather Black, my girlfriend?" 

"Will you stop?" I complained. 

"Only if you agree to be my girlfriend again, Heather."

"Just shut the fuck up, okay?"

"Is that a yes, Heather?"

"Fine, just stop calling me Heather!" I yelled. 

He smiled at me. 

My eyes widened. There is no way he took that seriously. 

"Okay Huntress."

He took it seriously. 

I groaned, "This does not mean we are in a relationship, this is lie we're creating to keep our son safe, you hear me?"

He nodded. "This means you forgive me right?"

"Where did you get that from?" 

"Well we're back together, aren't we?" 

I held my head in my hands. This man was killing me. "We were never in a relationship Mark. Literally never."

"I think we were," he smiled. He was enjoying this. "I missed you Hunter, I really did," he said, wrapping his arm around me. 

I sat tensely in his hold, thinking about punching him, until I saw light blonde fluffy hair coming towards me. 

Jax was sleepily walking over to the couch, his eyes barely open, with a blanket wrapped around him.

"Jax, baby, did I wake you up?" I said softly.

He shook his head, "It's okay mommy." He climbed up on the couch, and snuggled up against me. It was dark now, he was probably tired. 

Wait. 

It's dark now?

I whirled my head to Mark. "How long was I asleep?"

"You were knocked out all day. Jax and I left you to sleep in his bed, and we went out with Poppy. You were still out when we got home, and it was late by then, so I figured you'd sleep till morning," he sighed. "But here you are. Awake." 

I looked at Jax. He was sleeping again. "Mark, we have to go back."

He sighed, "I know."

xx Short A/N bc i just wanna update y'all and im lonely <3 xx

Hey y'all. I've been a lil busy with school, (not really i j cheat) and getting a job! So yes, my update schedule, if i can even call it that, has been funky to say the least. 

but soon, when i have some free time, and im not being depressed and suicidal, or doing drugs, i will j write a shit ton of drafts like i used to, and be able to edit and publish a new chapter every week. 

i think this story will be ending soon, i wanted around 50 chapters, and we're almost there! but i might do more, or continue the story of Hunter in another, maybe a sequel? There's a lot more to her story, it's just all the background has to be set before we can get into it. 

(Also we're almost to 2k reads which I find v cute!!) thank u guys ! <3)

I hope u guys are liking it though! feel free to lemme know what u think, or j talk to me bc i am v lonely <3  

that's all, i j like to update u guys bc ur girl is honestly messed up, and i need y'all to know :)))

thanks for the support ! <333

Cheers,

Xx

~H