23

I looked out the window seeing Liz still running around taking pictures. She was honestly going to get me killed someday probably. 

I wanted to roll my eyes so bad at the idiot man in front of me, but I needed to buy Liz some more time. What would get me more time? Being a hoe or stupid? Weren't both the same thing?

"Where do you think you're going, sweetheart?" 

Both it is. 

I squeezed my thighs together, and let out a sigh. "Nowhere for now," I said sweetly.

"No one's here, they all went home sweetheart," he said menacingly, trying to get through to me that he had ill intent and I had no saving grace. 

Well first off, wrong, because if he took his god damn eyes off me for a second, and turned around, he'd see Liz running around, but that wasn't gonna happen. 

Second, he was a complete moron if he thought I'd let him get too far into the little plot he cooked up all nice for himself. 

I continued to play dumb, furrowing my brows, pouting my lip, "What do you mean?" I asked. 

His hands traced up from my legs to my hips, grabbing them tightly. "I mean no one's gonna find ya when I'm done with you sweetheart," he said, digging his fingers into my sides. 

Now I had to squirm. "B-but my car," I stammered. 

"Oh, right. I don't think you'll be needing this," he said, brushing the map off the table, along with the directions.

I mean, fair play, because I didn't really need them anyway. I hope Liz remembered where we parked. 

Speaking of, is she done yet?

I glanced over the man's shoulder. Quickly my eyes trained on her, hiding behind a crate close to office. She was trying to get to me. 

I could do her one better. 

I dropped my expression, focusing back on the man. I quickly slammed my hands around his wrists that were on my hips, holding him in place. He looked shocked, but that quickly faded to pain when I brought my knee up his middle, into his groin. 

He doubled over in pain, letting go of me. I did the same, hopping off the table. He went to reach for me, cursing, but I used his hunched over body as an advantage, and kicked him the forehead, hard. 

I knew I didn't have much time.

 He fell to the floor, and I kicked his ribs, making sure he would stay down. Then, I dove for his keys, ripping the ring of keys off his belt, I ran for the door. I didn't make it very far, as his hand shot out, grabbing my ankle.

 I hit the floor, and he started pulling me to him, yelling. I used my free foot to kick his arm, and then his nose. He recoiled, and I scrambled to my feet. I finally reached the door, unlocked it, and got out. Before he could even reach the door, I slammed it shut and locked it from the outside. I focused my remaining energy on the lock, and hexed it. It would only open from the outside. The lock was jammed.  

I spotted Liz, she was at the door now, waiting. I looked over to the office the man inside fuming. I dangled the keys at him, and threw them on the ground. He tried to unlock and open the door, put it didn't budge. 

Now he wasn't going anywhere. 

Funny how that works. 

Liz and I ran like hell back to the car.