35

"I-," I paused. I didn't even know where Jax was now. He was the only person who knew where my son was. "I hate you," I whispered.

 I couldn't kill him.

 Even if I wanted to, I couldn't kill the father of my child. 

If my own father ever found out about Mark, he'd be in for a lot worse than just hell, when he died. I couldn't put him through that. Maybe deep down I cared for him a little bit more than I let on, but I'd spend an eternity in the Underworld before admitting that to him right now.

"Aw, come on Hunt, you don't hate me. Admit it, you still care about me," he said, rocking me back and forth a little.

I brought my foot up, and let my heel down hard on his shin, "I do not, now shut the fuck up and let me go," I hissed at him.

He just laughed at me.

"Do you want me to stick my hand inside your wound? Cause I will, Mark, do NOT test me," I threatened.

He loosened his grip on me, "Go ahead and try to," he taunted me.

I whirled around to face him, and looked down at where the cut should have been. It was completely healed over. "What?"

He chuckled, "I think I've got my energy back, I should thank you Hunt, you brought it out of me."

I got up from his bed and sat in the chair to his left. I sighed. I did not want to do this right now. 

Or ever for that matter. 

"So what are we gonna do?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, sitting up.

"I mean what are we gonna do to stop everyone from finding out Marcus? You know how many people saw us fighting? It's obvious we knew each other," I explained, exasperated.

Mark stretched back, and leaned his head against the top of the bed. "Oh yeah, huh. That's kind of a problem."

I rolled my eyes at him. Real helpful this one. "Does anyone here know about him? I mean anyone, friends or anything?"

"I don't really have friends, so no. No one knows about him, or you. Did you tell anyone over there?" He asked.

Aww, poor little boy doesn't have any friends, how sad. "No I haven't told anyone anything. No one knows anything about me." 

"Same old Hunter huh?"

I couldn't help but smile. He was the only one who paid attention, but I would never give him that. "Don't act like you know me Mark. Don't lie to yourself like that."

He scoffed. "I know you better than you think, Hunter. You're the one lying to yourself."

I grinned at him. "Aren't you quick?"

He smirked back at me. "Glad we're on the same page. Now how are we gonna fool an entire top secret organization into thinking we've never met?"

I laughed, "I asked first."

Mark shook his head. "I don't know Hunter. If we've both been able to keep it away from them this long, we should be able to work around it."

I furrowed my brows. "What happened to you Mark?"

He chuckled, "I wanted to ask you the same thing."

"Well I beat you to it, so you go first, and then I'll tell you how I ended up here."

Mark sighed. "Fine," he said, leaning back again. 

"After Jax was born, I kind of went off the deep end. I did mob work anywhere really. I've never taken sides with some of the gangs I've worked for, so it started to get messy when all the mob bosses found out I didn't have any loyalties. I've always worked along the West coast, so I started branching out to avoid certain bounty hunters and gangsters who wanted me dead. I never really saw Jax much. I didn't want anyone finding out I had family. Poppy's been taking care of him. I see him a couple times a year, but never for long. I got caught up in a job in New York where someone placed a hit on some DOBS member. I tried to kill him, and he called for backup. I think I killed 2 of them, but then they offered to take me in, or I could go to jail for first degree murder. So naturally I've been here since. I don't really trust anyone here, but the guys are chill. I've been number 1 for the past couple years."