36

I barely slept, so I turned my alarm off the second it began to ring. 

I got up in a daze, quickly getting dressed, and ready to go into the city. Liz was still sleeping as I threw my clothes on. I wore leggings, and a blue cropped tank top, with a hat. I braided my hair double dutch so it wouldn't be in my way, and wore my boots. 

I took Wess outside with me on a walk since he'd be stuck at home all day. We walked around the deserted terrain, crossing the street to walk by the DOBS facility. No one was around, so I jumped a little when I heard a voice. 

"So you still have Wess I see." I snapped my head to look to the side of building. There Mark was, leaning against the brick, smoking a cigarette. 

Before I could get any snarky comments out, Wess ran up to him, making me drop his leash in favor of not having my arm ripped from my body. He jumped up on Mark, who dropped the cigarette and stepped on it, putting it out so he could pet Wess.

"Aw, hey buddy, remember me?" He said, rubbing behind Wess's ears. 

I scowled crossing my arms. Traitor.

"Smoking is gonna kill you before I get the chance, Marcus," I scolded him.  

He glanced up at me, "Yeah, probably, sorry about that."

I shook my head at him, grinning a little. "Is it too early to get going?" I asked.

He looked down at his watch, "Nah, it's about 10 now."

I nodded, "Well I'll go put Wess up, and meet you back here, sound good?"

Mark nodded, standing back up. "I'll be here."

With that, I left to go back to my building with Wess, who begrudgingly got up off the ground and left Mark alone. "You're unbelievable you know that?" I whispered to him, walking inside. "I take care of you, and love you, and you just leave for me for some guy? So rude Wess. So rude."

I gave him breakfast quickly before leaving, and left before Liz she could wake up. Where I left Mark there was now a 1969 stingray Corvette. My mouth fell open as I approached the car. The driver's side window rolled down to reveal a smirking Mark. "You gonna get in or stare all day?" 

I shut my mouth quickly, and walked to the passenger side, climbing in quietly and shutting my door. "This is a nice car," I commented. 

"Yeah no shit," Mark laughed, driving out of the complex. 

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere," Mark said slowly.

"Yeah no shit," I mocked him. "Where?"

He sighed, gripping the wheel tightly. "You'll find out eventually, Hunter. Just relax, okay?" 

I huffed, and looked out the window, watching the scenery pass by. It was a long and quiet ride into the city, which was probably for the best, because anytime we spoke we were usually just arguing or insulting each other. 

Mark pulled into some back alley before I could register it, and stopped the car. I guess I hadn't really been paying much attention to where he was going. 

"We're here," he said, looking around a bit, before getting out. 

I followed suit, stepping out, and closing my door. "So are you gonna tell me where we are, or keep holding it over me until I let my guard down and you kill me so no one finds out about our little secret?" I said, following Mark down the alley. 

"Finally, somebody caught up," he said, turning around swiftly to show me his big grin.

I pursed my lips, trying not to give a smile away, and let out a sigh. I rolled my eyes at him. "You could never kill me idiot," I said flicking his forehead.