Chapter 6 - Learning to fight and Halloween

Gilbert Residence
Friday

I wake up and I find some clothes for school, a pair of brown cargo pants, a black tank top, a zipper sweater to go over it and a pair of combat boots, I've been wearing cargo boots since I started training, I wouldn't be surprised if I wear them with my party dresses for now on. I braid my hair off to the side.
I've been practicing since last Tuesday. It's Halloween soon so they're having a haunted house party thing I'm supposed to go to.
I just wish I could skip it.

Damon's not a bad teacher, but he likes getting me in positions where I'm uncomfortable, he says it's so that I 'learn to overcome it and stop freezing up' it's been working though, I just hope I don't accidentally punch someone if they grab my shoulder. 

I walk down to my brothers room and knock on the door "Get up Jere, I'm going to be making pancakes, eggs and bacon. You won't get any if you don't get up."
I go down the stairs and head into the kitchen, Aunt Jenna is already sitting by the counter doing things for college. "Hello Aunty" I say.

She looks at me and smiles. "You're so different now" she says with a small sigh then asks "Making breakfast?"

I nod "Yeah, breakfast is important sometimes."
"Sometimes?" She asks curiously.

"Sometimes, I don't like to eat breakfast, my stomach doesn't accept food until after 9am. Otherwise i just feel sick" I say.

"Even now" she asks.
"Even now" I say with a nod as I continue putting the cooked bacon and pancakes on a plate.
Shortly after I set things on the table Jeremy walks into the room "Hey baby Bro!" I say with a smile
"Good morning Lena, ohh yum, bacon" He says eyes shining happily as he grabs a piece.

I look at him and coo "you're such a good eater."
He looks like he's trying to hold off a laugh then he swallows his bite and bops me on the nose with a laugh saying "I'm not a baby Lena"

I pout "You remind me of my other brothers."

He laughs and rolls his eyes then says "it's a good thing we're at home, if we were at school people would think mom or dad had an affair or something."
I snort, "Yeah, I don't think they'd be able to understand the whole either' I'm dead and I'm Elena but I'm NOT Elena' or the whole 'I fell down the stairs and I'm about %80 Sure I'm stuck in a coma and you're all a part of it' type thing."
"Yeah, we can't have you in the nut house." He says with a laugh.

"Let's go, we don't want to be late I guess, either dead or this is a dream and I have to go to school some great after death that is." I say with a sigh.
Jeremy looks at me amused and says "At least you're my sister."

We're sitting in the car now.

I nod in agreement "At least you're my brother"
I start it up and pull out of the driveway.

————————————————————
Mystic Falls High School

We pull into the parking lot and get out. I see Bonnie and Caroline walking into the school. I give my brother a hug and walk over to my now-real-in-dream friends and drape my arms over their shoulders (Which probably looks funny since I'm shorter then them both) and say "Bon-Bon, Care-Bear, hows life?

Bonnie and Caroline grin at each other and shake their heads. "I'm doing well, my grandma has been teaching me things" Bonnie says.
Caroline smiles "I've been alright, I'd like to get out more though, I'm so excited for the haunted house party though."