Chapter 45- Returns and Greetings

Prison World
3rd POV

Elena and Kai were having a debate about why popcorn tastes better with butter in it or on the side.

"But that's the best part of buttered popcorn isn't it?" Kai asks her.

"For me? I have mixed feelings about that really." Elena tells him thoughtfully.

"But the butter should automatically be put on top of the popcorn if you intend to have buttered popcorn." Kai says annoyed.

"Not necessarily, sometimes it tastes much better if you dunk each piece into the butter yourself." Elena tells him.

Kai rolls his eyes. "I don't believe it, it's always better with the butter placed directly on it."

"But sometimes that makes it just really soggy." Elena says back exasperated.

"Then maybe that time you weren't eating it fast enough?" Kai replies in that Duh' tone one would use with someone they thought was being an idiot.

Elena rolls her eyes "You don't have that problem if it's not resting IN the butter though Kai."

"Blah blah blah" Kai mocks childishly.

Elena snorts. "Arguing is always entertaining."

"You like arguing then?" He asks with an eyebrow raised.

She smiles happily at him "usually."

"I'd tackle you if you weren't transparent." Kai says truthfully.

Elena giggles "awwww. That would be adorable if I wasn't sure that you'd stab me to death too."

Kai smiles a wicked smile "who's says I'd stab you to kill you?"

Elena bursts into loud laughter and giggles out teasingly "Who knew that Malachai Parker was such a pervert?"

Kai snorts "I'm the pervert? Maybe I just meant that I'd strangle you or tear you apart. ."

"I'm sure you did." Elena says nodding agreeably and Kai's eyebrow twitched.

He's trying to get a reaction out of her. She could've pouted, at least then he'd know she has considered him in such a way. Then again she's a ghost right now. Which is rather unfortunate.

He's been stuck here a rather long time after all and despite her being a ghost she is rather attractive.

Kai senses magic in the house and he glances around. He gets up heads to the room where he hides the Ascendant and next to it he sees a knife with magic and blood on it.

———————————————————————
Gilbert Residence
3rd POV

"You do know that Lena is not going to be happy that you invited all of the other vampires in right Jeremy?" Damon asks the boy he's become friends with.

Kol looks at Jeremy as he asks curiously "Why would she be upset? We're her mates, it's not like we're going to kill her or her family."

"Lena is cautious. The only three vampires that used to be allowed were Damon, Stefan and Anna." Jeremy says as he squeezes Anna's hand. He can't wait until he gets to turn too.

Klaus watches Kol curiously. He knows him well enough that sometimes things like that could set him off.

Kol's jaws clenches in frustration as he says "But we're her mates."

"true." Jeremy starts to say but is interrupted by Damon.

"She doesn't think she's good enough to have a mate." Damon says with his own jaw clenched.