Chapter 5: True Feelings

(Sqaishey's POV)

I wake to find myself wrapped in Stampy's arms, feeling safe and secure.

I wished I could just pause this moment and stay here forever. But I can't.

I feel Stampy stir. I close my eyes and just try to make the moment last as long as it can.

Stampy sits up and taps me on the shoulder. I sit up too.

I look into his eyes and realise I can't live like this, him not knowing my love for him.

"I need to say something." we both say at the same time.

"You first." I say. "No, you go." Stampy says.

"I asked you first." I say.

"I... I." Stampy falters.

"What?" I say.

"I want to make up to you. For yesterday."

"You are still trying to apologise about that?" I say. "Don't worry about it. The past is behind us."

"What were you going to say?" Stampy asks. But I have lost my confidence.

"Oh, never mind." I say, feeling embarrassed.

We walk out and Stampy gets a pancake shaker mix out of the pantry and starts to make us pancakes.

When Squid walks in, it was like nothing ever happened. I'm sitting on a bar stool, talking to Stampy about a new series I want to start on my channel. Stampy is making pancakes on the stove.

"Morning." Squid yawns.

There is a clatter of plates and Stampy plates up the pancakes for three people. He sets the plates down on the table.

We all crowd in and sit down.

"These look amazing, thanks Stamps." Squid says. Stampy smiles in reply.

As we eat, we talk about what we are going to do today. I had no ideas. But Stampy says he's got it all planned out.

**Time Skip**

We walk along the streets of London, me not knowing where we are going. We stop to buy a milkshake, and sit and talk for a while.

Squid has to leave us to go to work, so we goodbye and he walks out the door.

Then, after we finish our milkshakes, Stampy gets up and we walk back into the busy streets.

I had such a fun-filled day today. Stampy and Squid took me tenpin bowling, and we had two games of that; I won both times, though I think they both were going easy on me.

After that, we went to a zoo and looked around at all the animals. Stampy bought me a lion cub plushie, which I love.

Yes, today was so fun.

It is about 7:00, and getting dark, so Stampy leads me into a take-out or eat-in restaurant.

We both order take-away spaghetti bolognaise, even though we had it last night. That only takes about 10 minutes, and Stampy carries the meals while we walk and talk.

Stampy takes me to a dead end, a wall of trees.

But before I can point that out, he beckons me around behind a building and there is a gap just big enough for us to fit through.

It looks amazing. There is a big leafy canopy above our heads and there is a table set out for two.

"Stampy... This is-"

"Awesome." Stampy says.

We laugh.

"I found it when I was a child. My sister and I used to come and play in here after school." says Stampy.

We talk while we eat, not caring that it is only about the size of a large elevator.

I stand to get up, but trip on the tablecloth, and fall onto Stampy.

I tense my muscles, getting ready to get up. But my instincts tell me otherwise.

But instead of standing up, I curl up next to him and lean in to kiss him.

Stampy's eyes widen, and I pull back.

He opens his mouth to say something, but I beat him to it.

"I love you, Stampy."