Chapter 27: Discharged

I hear her rush over to my right to do something, then hear footsteps.

"He squeezed my hand! I felt it!" An excited and relieved Sqaishey says.

"Mr. Garrett? Can you hear us? If you can, try to nod your head.

I gather up some strength to nod my head, but it's easier now.

"He's broken through the coma. He's still going to have to stay for one more month to recover, but he'll survive." The doctor says.

"Sqaishey? I manage to whisper.

She is so close to my face I can feel her breath.

"Yeah?" she whispers.

"Can you read me more of that fan mail?"

*Time Skip*

The month goes slowly, but Sqaishey visits me every day. She reads out almost 100 letters every time she visits.

By the end of the month we have finished reading all the fan mail, and we are ready to go home.

I notice that Sqaishey's belly is getting bigger, and that she only has about a month and a half until the baby is due.

Sqaishey drives me from the hospital to the train station, as we are still in London.

On the train, Sqaishey and I play Minecraft. I also upload a few episodes on my channel and thank all the people who sent me fan mail.

When we finally get back to our apartment, I lie on the couch, thinking about the coma.

Before the darkness, I swear I heard a voice:

"It means little ducky." (Don't you dare say anything DragonGir, I know you know!)

But it was my voice saying it.

________________

What means little ducky???

Ha ha, leave you guys to figure that one out! 😊 Remember it the whole book... You'll need it!

It was a bit short, but hope you enjoyed anyways.

Btw, sorry for giving you guys a heart attack the last few chapters. I didn't realise; some of you thought it was her time to go!

😊MissPolarGirl