Chapter 11: Evidence

Sqaishey's POV

"Hello, Beth!" The doctor says as I walk in the room.

"Hi." I say politely.

"Sit down. First, we will have a little chat, then you can ask me any questions that you may have."

I nod to show I understand.

"Tuberculosis is a very dangerous chest infection, and is very deadly. But, there have been survivors, so don't lose all hope!" he tells me.

"But I probably won't survive." I say.

"Right this very second, there are scientists working on a cure for tuberculosis. So any moment, they could announce that they have found a cure. Again, don't lose all hope."

"Ok." I say.

"Any questions?"

"Is there a cure?"

"There is some antibiotics we can give you, but effective tuberculosis treatment is hard to accomplish, as there is a... well, I'll call it a wall of cells called mycobacteria, and due to the unusual structure of it, it stops drugs getting through.

"Ok..."

"It may sound confusing, but don't worry, you still have 2 years left to live."

"Ok, well I just need to do an X-ray on you so if you follow me to Theatre and I will show you the infected area."

And so I walk with my doctor through the hospital, all the way to Theatre, where I will get my chest X-ray.

"Just lay down facing up and stay still."

I follow his instructions, and after about two minutes of changing positions, he tells me to come with him to look at the X-rays.

He shows me an X-ray of my lungs, but there is a small bump on the bottom of my left lung.

"Is that the infection?" I ask, pointing to the bump.

"Yes, Beth."

*Time Skip*

I walk to the front door of the apartment and knock.

The door swings open and Stampy is there.

"Sqaishey!" Stampy smiles. "Come in, the police are investigating so we can't go into my room."

"Ok." I say.

Stampy and I waited a round talking and eating for about 2 hours, then Joanne came out to us.

"I wish to speak with Beth only." Joanne says, sounding very strict.

"Ok..." Stampy says, clearing the loungeroom.

"We found a very small bit of evidence, but enough to reveal something. We found a speck of blood on a piece of glass and so we tested it for DNA."

"And?" I ask.

"The DNA matches Mr. Spencer's."
________________________

Just a filler chapter!!!! :)