Chapter 9

Louis POV

It was 11:00 pm on Saturday night. Harry had texted me early in the day saying he had made it to London and he missed me already. He than told me to have a good flight and that he hopes to see me sometime the next day. I was just finishing up packing. I had to be at the airport in an hour. I put my bag by the door and waited for Paul to text me and let me know that my car was here. I took a quick look around my rental to make sure I had everything, my lease was up at the end of the month so I wasn't coming back here. Finally my phone went off and I headed for the door.

——

I was setting on the private plane with Paul and one other security guy. They where in the sets up front and I sat in the back by myself. I liked to set by myself every sense the band went on hiatus, it didn't feel right not setting with on of the guys. I was looking at my phone and getting a little antsy.

"Paul, why aren't we leaving? It's taking forever and we are all here." I say gesturing with my hands around to all the sets.

"We are waiting on something or should I say someone." He says looking back at me.

"What? Who?" Just as I'm saying that I see brown hair coming though the door of the plane.

I lean forward to get a better look and his blue eyes meet my and I smile big.

"Nialler! What are you doing here?" I get up from my set and give him a big hug.

"My manager said I needed to get back to London and told me I would be flying with you. It was last minute that's why I didn't text you." He gives me a big smile as he sets down next to me.

I feel way more comfortable now that Niall is here. I hate flying alone and it brings back so many good memories when I'm with one of the guys.

"So.....why do you have to be back?" I say as the plane gets ready to take off.

"I got a few last minute meetings and they changed my plans last minute." He frowns his eye brows and his face turns down a little. "I always hate when they change things on me. I mean I just got to LA now I'm flying back to London. It drives me nuts."

I chuckle at him because even in one direction days he hated last minute changes. He was always though off way more than the rest of us. He turns and looks at me going from frowning to smiling.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, you just haven't changed much in the last four years, have you." I say maybe a little to sassy.

"neither have you, I see your still as sassy as ever." He say raising an eyebrow at me and smirking.

He nudges my arm and we both settle into our sets as we take off. We don't do a whole lot of talking because we are both really tired, so within a few minutes we are both asleep.

——

Paul wakes us up when we land and we grab are stuff and say a goodbye to each other. I told Niall that I would text him about getting together over the holidays. I settle into the car and decided to text Harry.

* Louis
Hey Haz, I'm in London headed to my flat. Let me know if you can come by later or not. 😉

I put my phone down and look out the window. It's cold out and there are dark gray clouds in the sky. I'm fine with the weather as long as there are no thunderstorms. I hate thunderstorms. Other than that I miss being in London or just in the UK in general. I always felt more at home and like myself here. I took a deep breath as I just stare out the window. I was lost in my thoughts of home when my phone buzzed in my lap. I flipped it over and saw a text from Harry.