Chapter 17

Louis POV

I was sitting in the café staring out the window and waiting. It's been years since I've seen zayn and today we where finally meet up. I had texted Harry in the morning to tell him I loved and missed him. He told me good luck. The café was tiny and in a part of LA many celebrities didn't go to so no paps were around. There where only a few people in here and most were older and probably didn't know who I was. The lady at the counter gave me a look of recognization but than surged it off.

I played with my cup of coffee for a few minutes when I saw the familiar head of dark hair pop in the door. Zayn was wearing a black jumper and black pants, nothing fancy. He had black sunglasses on. He pulled them off as he walked up to the counter and ordered a drink. He said something else to the woman helping him and she than pointed in my direction. As his eyes followed to were I was sat, a small smile came across his face as he waved to me.

I didn't know what to think. Last time we talked it was at an invite that we both attended and it wasn't a very good talk. At the time Zayn had said a bunch of stuff about the band and the fake kind a music we sang. We also had gotten into it on Twitter and I called him out. We had a fight and I told him he was fake and didn't appreciate anything that we did for him over the years. It was bad and Harry had to hold me back from jumping on him and punching him. After that we didn't talk once.

Zayn got his drink from the lady and turned to walk over to me. He stopped in front of the table and just looked at me.

"You alright Louis?" He said in a small but kind voice.

"Yeah Zayn, I'm good. How are you mate."

"I'm good, really good." He sighed and ran his hand over the back of his neck.

"Sit down already." I say kicking the chair out from under the table.

Zayn grabbed the chair and pulled it out the rest of the way before sitting down. He look up at me and fidgets with his cup.

"Ok..... I'm going to start because I know this is awkward and this just needs to be said." I huff and continue "I'm sorry that I tried to fight you, I was upset about Twitter and the interviews and just you plane leaving us."

Zayn put a hand up to stop me from continuing.

"Don't apologize Lou, it was my fault. At the time I was upset because management made me leave and say things in interviews I didn't want to say. I was upset and took it out on you and the other lads."

I look at Zayn trying to take in what he was saying. Management made him leave the band. This was the first time I had heard this.

"What?"

Zayn looked at me confused, like he didn't understand what I was saying.

"What do you mean? Management never told you?" I shook my head at him.

He looked really confused than it turned into something else. He was mad. He wiggles in his chair than out of nowhere he slammed his hands on the table.

"Fuck!!" He yelled causing the few people in there to look at us.

I placed my hand on his balled up fist. I than looked around and mouth "I'm sorry" to the women behind the counter. Zayn calmed down a little when I touched his hand.

"Hey it's ok, they seemed to like fucking our life's up."

Zayn shook his head before relaxing his hands and sitting back in his chair. He ran his hand down his face and he moaned.

"They said you guys knew, that's why I was so mad at you guys when you all started treating me different, like I wanted to leave."

"They didn't tell us anything. Well it's in the past now. So where do we go from here."