Part 14 - Who Are You, Really?

- You are in and out of consciousness. -

Aizawa was bandaged from head to toe. He gazed at the resting body of (Y/N). She looked so peaceful in the hospital bed. He wasn't looking forward to what was to come...

Midnight stood next to him. Her usual confident demeanor was defeated. She shook her head and moved a piece of hair out of (Y/N)'s face. She let out a shuddering sigh, "How did this happen?"

Aizawa said. He didn't have to endure the agony of explaining to the press what had happened. All Might took care of that, and the principal. However, they fudged up some of the truths. "She was already on edge from the attack with Stain. She was forced into a corner, and... you know the rest."

"But now what?" Midnight sniffled, "I didn't think she would have to worry about something like this so young."

"We have to tell her."

Midnight bit her lip, "I don't know if I'm ready for that." Her head sank, as if ashamed.

"It's not about you," Aizawa said, "Tomura seemed to know, which means more people know than we think. WE have to be the ones to tell her. Not someone like him."

"But what will she think of me?" she cried, "Knowing I'm not her real family."

"You raised her. And she's a good kid. She just has too much of her father in her... That was the plan, right? Raise her and train her to use her quirk for good."

"What about her classmates? What will they think? We can't let the public know."

"If the villains find it useful to out her, we might not have a choice. As for her classmates, I doubt any of them would reject her."

Midnight stomped her foot, "She can't know. If she doesn't remember-"

"She will feel a difference," Aizawa cut her off, "The Butcher's quirk gave him more power after every kill. She will feel it. Even if her actions were noble, she nearly sucked the life out of that Nomu. We can't hide it, we just have to hope her heart stays with us."

"Butcher..." Midnight seethed, "How can something so hideous birth this angel?"

Aizawa sighed. Your features remained so still. The dreams you were having must have been soothing, so different from what you were about to wake up to.

The door to their hospital room opened slowly, and a giant All Might walked through. His permanent smile was clear on his face, but there was no humor to be found. "How is she?"

"Alive," Midnight said.

After Aizawa used his last bit of strength to stop your quirk, you fainted. The remaining villains escaped with Kurogiri before All Might could stop them. One of the students, Iida, returned just in time with help. Aizawa knew very well that if you hadn't saved him when you did, he would most likely be dead.

But at what cost to you...

"We told the media that I vanquished the Nomu," All Might said, "No one will know she was responsible. Except a few of her friends who witnessed it. Aizawa... could I ask that you explain to your students the importance of this discretion."

The wrapped man nodded, "But what do you want to tell, (Y/N)?"

"I believe," All Might sighed, "Midnight should be the one to explain. I will happily council (Y/N) afterward."

"I will continue to treat her like any of my students," Aizawa looked to Midnight, "She is not a villain because of her quirk. She just needs the proper guidance."