S2 Part 27 - Caught Red Handed?

AN: Heyo!

I'm blazing through these chapters y'all lol. Sorry about the typos - I love this season but I'm kind of excited for season 3 of Quirky! 🤣 S2 had to be a little moody (for reasons) - not to say S3 won't be but we'll jazz things up again too!

I have one "ending" in S2 for the fluffy people like me who want happy endings and that is all 😂 But if you're good continuing down the heart wrenching joyride that is your adventure then proceed to S3 💁‍♀️ 

⚠️ Potential spoilers the further we go along - readers beware! Although my story doesn't match up with MHA's plot perfectly there is still some sensitive story material.

You couldn't believe it.

You watched the feather that Hawks planted on you with fascination. It glided about the room as if doing a house inspection.

"Can you, like, hear me?" You whispered. The last thing you needed was Dabi to find out. You weren't totally sure how Hawks's quirk worked, but there had to be a reason he planted the feather on you.

You smiled when the feather twitched in response. Is that a yes?!

"Hawks. If you can hear me with this feather, walkie-talkie thing, I can't tell you the villain's location, because I don't actually know..."

Twitch.

"Are you able to sense where your feather is?" You asked.

The feather did a figure-eight in the air. You had no idea how to speak "feather" but so far it seemed promising.

"Okay? Good, this is good," you nodded to yourself, "And I'm sorry for avoiding you. I hope Monarch isn't too mad..."

This time, the feather dive-bombed you and poked at your sides.

"Ow! Okay, okay, cool it! We can't get caught," you hissed, "Bakugo and I are here with the League, but Shinso... he's with another villain. Valentini? No idea who he is, but that's why I haven't tried escaping Shigaraki."

The pointy end of the feather floated in front of your face.

Twitch.

"Monarch will say that I'm being an idiot, and maybe I am," your head dropped, "But I feel like I'm the only one who can help Shinso. And I think he's in real trouble..."

Images of Shinso came flooding through your mind. You had built a damn to protect yourself from getting distracted, but your feelings for him were overflowing.

"Heroes aren't supposed to be afraid," your whispers grew even more faint, "But I'm terrified."

Hawks's feather brushed against your cheek, and you looked up in surprise. It was soft and you imagined his finger tracing your jawline. Now you knew he could at least hear you a little bit.

Alright. You shook the negative vibes off you. Now, you needed to focus on helping Hawks help you.

"What can I do?" You asked, "What do you need me to do?"

The feather leaned to the right and left, and then pressed itself against your mouth. Your face dropped, "If you're seriously being pervy right now, I'll-"

Footsteps from behind the door jolted you off the floor. The feather made itself scarce - thank goodness - before your visitor entered the room.