S2 Part 8 - Bittersweet Victory

This time, you and Todoroki used the rooftops for an aerial advantage, searching wildly for Iida. Shoto was able to keep up by making a bridge for himself out of ice - impressive really.

When you landed on the next rooftop, you made sure to put most of the weight on your good leg. The last thing you needed was to be out for the rest of the exam. Who makes capture the flag part of an exam, anyway...

"Shoto," you waved him over, "I think I see him... maybe?"

He crouched on the ledge you were peering off of, "What is that? A moving forest?"

Just bellow, an entire alley was filled with green vines and colorful sprouting mushrooms - clearly being used to clog up the exits. In the thick of it, you spotted a white uniform and heard the voices of your classmates.

"You're still shocking me, Kaminari! I don't think this is the best way to escape our current situation!"

"I'm sorry - that's like, all I do!"

"I can't even see you guys!" you heard Uraraka cry out, "I'm going to see if I can get above the vines."

Shoto stood up, "I can burn it down."

Not a bad plan, you thought, but you had a slightly better one - that might suit you, "Let me get in their first."

"Why?" He asked.

"You'll see!"

The vines were so dense, even if Uraraka was able to use her quirk, you weren't sure she could escape. BUT it did make for a nice landing. You took the metal fire escape halfway down the building before leaping into the fray.

This worked out nicely. You grinned as almost every inch of your body was touching the vines. It was as if your quirk knew that it didn't need to hold back, seeing as the vines weren't human, and you watched in amazement how quickly the green forest turned into a fickle briar patch.

"What's going on!" Uraraka cried out.

"I dunno, but I'm scared," Denki groaned.

"It's me!" You shouted, "Can you guys move at all?"

"(Y/N)? How did you find us?" Iida asked.

"When did you get here?! How?" Denki sounded frazzled, "We haven't been able to budge!"

"I can move a little now," Uraraka said, "(Y/N), help Iida first!"

"Shoto can clear an entrance but be sure you don't get burned," you instructed.

"Got it," Uraraka and Iida both said.

"What? You're going to light this dry plant on fire! Are you crazy!" Denki shrieked.

"Hm. I guess neither of us have the armor to withstand fire," you scratched your chin.

"You think?! Just don't kill us - please!"

You thought for a moment. After absorbing all that energy, you really didn't need fire to break everyone out. Maybe you could copy one of Izuku's moves? He could punch or kick so hard that he moved air. With a powerful enough blow, you could possibly take the forest down without burning anyone.

"New plan! Everyone stay close to the ground."

Before Denki could utter a confused "wha?" - you focused all of your strength forward with your fist. It didn't look as devastating as Izuku's, but the crispy vines shattered and spiraled into a vortex, evacuating the alley.

"(Y/N)... that was amazing!" Uraraka, now visible, smiled up at you, "It totally looked like something All Might can do."

"No way, if it had been All Might we would've gone flying!" Denki said, "Ah - splinters in my eyes!"