S2 Part 26 - Dirty Deeds

You didn't need to look up to know that the bird was diving for its prey.

With a split second to act, you shoved Twice to the side and used that momentum to throw yourself back as well. As predicted, Hawks landed right where you once stood, his surprise hidden behind his trademark visor he now wore, "Hey, not many can dodge me like that! Impressive."

You ended up falling on your knees but quickly sprang back up. That was lucky, but you were no match for the speed hero. Being in an alley might prove useful - you just couldn't let him get you in the air.

Hawks smirked, and a few of his red feathers detached from their wings, "This could be a lot more romantic if you'd just let me grab ya."

Aaaaaand I forgot he has magic, telepathic wings...

The only direction to run was towards Dabi and the burning van. You couldn't outrun Hawks anyway, so you stood your ground and waited for the feathers to come.

You managed to catch one in midair while another snuck up behind you, catching your skirt. One flew closer to your ankles and you quickly stomped on it like a bug.

Hawks gasped, "How rude! Come on, I'm trying to help you, kid."

Unfortunately, the one that found your clothing was already doing it's job and lifted you off the ground. You yelped as it jolted you and picked up speed.

"Hey, she's with us! Dabi, tell him to stop!" Twice flailed his arms, "That's a neat quirk."

The alley was getting smaller as the feather pulled you upwards. You almost conquered your fear of heights when roof jumping to school with Izuku, but that was with him close by to give you energy. This was much more terrifying!

Twice was doing his best to fight Hawks, but Hawks was only half interested as his first target was acquired. You spotted Dabi looking up at you with fire in his hand, but seemed to realize he couldn't do much about your current situation.

So, he turned the fire to Hawks.

"Shit," Hawks flew as a pillar of fire chased him into the sky.

"Watch where you're aiming, jackass! Get the s'mores!" Twice said.

You almost reached the rooftops, when a knife came flying towards you. It was aimed so perfectly that you didn't realize it was meant to hit the feather and not you. Until you started falling that is.

You screamed as you plummeted back to earth, but thankfully someone was kind enough to catch you. At first, you were confused why the arms now holding you bridal-style were green.

He was the only humanoid lizard you recognized, and then you realized the League had sent backup. "Gotcha," he grunted as gravity dropped you, "Kurogiri said there'd be trouble."

Finally, you thought, a body!

You barely knew the guy, but you took the chance to fuel yourself and wrapped your arms around the lizard's neck, "Thank you! Mister..."

It sickened you how cutesy you could sound when you wanted to.

His arms stiffened, "It's Spinner..."

Attached to his back was a sword..? But it was made out of several smaller blades just tied together. Instead of questioning the structural integrity of his weapon, you focused on how much energy you could take from a single hug.

You shivered. His energy was kind of cold but it was doing the job. You were waiting for him to throw you off and say something cruel and villainous, but he just continued to stand there stiff as a board.