51. underworld temptation

SR: Joji - Test Drive

fifty one.

Marina.

Sweat dribbled down my temples, past my cheek, to stop at my jaw. I watched as Hades took off her clothes, one by one. She was silent, pulling her black bustier and peeling it off from her torso. She dropped it and unbuttoned her pants, then yanked it off in one fell swoop, tossing it away from us. I couldn't—wouldn't take my eyes off Hades.

What was I even doing?

Hades was supposed to be here to answer my questions about the vampire world. How could it come to this? I knew there was a simple answer for all this, but I refused to acknowledge it. I wanted to think I was loyal, loyal to the person I aligned my heart with. But I wasn't... I so easily let Hades do what Eryn did countless times before.

Hades leaned down suddenly I was in her arms, my naked body pressing against her warm skin. I expected her to be cold, like Eryn, but instead, she reminded me of the sun when it warmed the surface of Aqueria. "Is that okay?"

I was saying yes before I could even say it aloud.

In a blink of an eye, she appeared in the showers, the only light in the middle of the room. Hades chose the farthest shower from the door, conveniently the darkest one. It was illuminated enough that her hair framed her face in a fiery outline.

She let me down gently and I pressed my back against the cool white acrylic shower wall. I covered my breasts with my arms folded and clenched my thighs together tightly. I felt shy, and... inexperienced. Hades was centuries old, no doubt she bedded many people in her lifetimes.

Hades fumbled with the handle of the faucet and I took that opportunity to take in her body. Her figure could easily be in magazines and any billboard in the city, but she was far more beautiful than those 2D photoshopped mannequins. Her imperfections only added to her beauty. Not that they were imperfections. A timidness lived in her, hesitation to her moments, and a relaxed set to her shoulders. She was comfortable being here.

Hades was so different.

This is why it was a bad idea. All I'm going to do is compare them to each other. I can't do a process of trait elimination. It wasn't fair. I had to make a choice. I let out a sigh involuntarily.

"Your thoughts, they're so loud. You don't bother trying to put up any walls," Hades replied, turning on the shower.

The jets blasted through the wall behind me and I shrieked, hopping forward and whirling around. Warm water hit me and I shuddered in response. Okay, maybe this wasn't so bad.

"Sorry."

My gaze flitted to Hades. She was under the overhead shower, running her hands through her hair as the water uncoiled the tight curls. Rivulets of water glided down her curves. Her crimson hair was now dark as wine, the water tinting it. Hadlee's hair covered her breasts as she turned around. Her eyes shone brighter as they landed on mine.

"You don't have to apologise for thinking."

"You said you wanted to tell me something," I replied, choosing to ignore Hades' suave. "You have me where you want me."

Hades' chuckled, the sound low and sending my stomach ablaze. She stepped out of the shower and grabbed my wrist, pulling me into the direct path of the water. I closed my eyes and let the water wash the pool chemicals off me. She grasped my wrists, putting them above my head and pinning me against the wall. "I don't have you where I want you. Not yet."