29. Secrets in the Shadows

SR: Bring Me the Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart

Twenty Nine.

Eryn.

An intense pain woke me from my sleep. It began at my feet, and swept across my skin like liquid fire. The faraway sound of leather snapping forced me to flinch in response.

I gasped, sitting up and clutching my chest.

I looked down and my eyes widened. I was grateful to not actually be on fire, but I sure didn't look good. I took in my faded arms. Injuries sure sucked.

Upon first getting my sleeves, Chris did warn they'd heal if my arms were wounded. Of course, I ignored his warning and got them anyway. Seeing them almost completely faded now only confirmed his suspicions.

I scratched my chest, wincing when a sharp pain spiderwebbed across my collarbone again.

I sharply took a breath in and looked at the wires and tubes attached to my arm.

Yanking them off, I instinctively sped out of the building, tracking the origin of the pain. Ally's injuries shadowed over my body, no thanks to the sirebond.

The scent of sandalwood and rose hit me hard and I followed it, hoping that Ally didn't hurt Marina.

I approached two figures, one being Ally on the ground and the other being Marina. She sat over Ally, her hands trembling over Ally's bleeding chest.

I looked up and a familiar woman stood a couple of feet away. Her long blonde ponytail whipped away from her face, showing off her distinct chiseled features.

"Luce." I narrowed my eyes at the lithe woman.

"Sire bonds sure are a nuisance, aren't they? You must be in pain right now," A malicious gleam shown in her eye and slowly she grinned, brandishing her long fangs.

I ignored her jab and lunged forward, even with my chest screaming in protest. I winced and stumbled sideways, tripping on my own legs and almost falling.

She dodged me and hopped backward effortlessly. Lucinda's agility was always beyond anyone else's, no thanks to her experience in the circus.

"Her scent, it brings back memories, doesn't it?" She cackled haughtily, "I'm sure you can't forget Hades' little toy."

"She'll find you here. You're not going to go unpunished for coming back." I hissed at Luce, cracking my fingers.

"Aw, do you think I'm afraid of her?" Luce shook her head and leaned forward slightly, "Now, this is rich. Marina's a spitting image. When she does come, do you think she'll want Marina for herself?" Lucinda's malevolent gaze rested over Marina.

I knew exactly what she was trying to do.

She strode forward in a blur, throwing herself at Marina.

My lip curled in disgust as I caught Luce by the throat.

I tightened my grip on her throat, trying to pierce the skin, but she was fast and took a swipe at me with her leg. She kicked me in the chest, the spot where Jasper impaled me.

Luce took the air right out of me and I fell backward.

The jarring impact of my back smacking against the cold ground sent a shock through my nerves. I ground my teeth and climbed to my feet quickly.

"Leave us alone!"

Marina stood in front of me, her hands extended outward.

"What do you think you're doing?"