3. such masochistic woes.

Song Recommendation: cbakl - I promised myself I wouldn't cry in the club rn

three.

Eryn.

The unfamiliar scent of cooking assaulted my senses and I moaned in my sleep, twisting over and shoving my face into a pillow. The smell of breakfast was stifled and replaced with the smell of sandalwood and rose.

Mm.

In a flash, my eyes whirled open and I looked around in a panic. Marina spent the night, and yet she wasn't in my bed. I pressed my nose into the sheets, checking for any trace of blood. Last night was a blur and I barely remember how we ended up on my bed. That wasn't like me to forget about things.

What happened last night?

I woke up with a headache which hadn't happen to me in years. Waking up was never strenuous like this morning.

I gazed at the kitchen and saw a mess of brown and pink hair moving around. I got up slowly, feeling the room do a tilt-a-whirl as I did. I wasn't like this normally. I felt so... drained.

"What happened last night?" I asked as I plodded over to the kitchen. I realized I lacked clothes aside from my boxers.

Mari turned and her eyes widened. "Hey! Uh, sorry hope you don't mind, I wanted to t-thank you for last night and cook breakfast." Her cheeks were burning more than I've ever seen.

"Never seen tits before?" I smirked, cupping my breasts in my hands and lifting them. My own breasts weren't something that I noticed. They were always just sort of there, labeling me as what society deemed as female. I didn't mind having them either way, since I didn't really identify as wholly female.

She huffed and turned her back to me. I laughed and walked over to a clothing rack I had on one of the walls and threw on a black t-shirt.

When I walked back, I looked at the stove I never used and saw she was making eggs and bacon. I sometimes bought human food to pick up girls from supermarkets. Mostly, I would find hot mom's telling me the difference between food brands. I enjoyed it. Thoroughly.

I turned my lip in disgust as the smell of bacon assaulted my senses. Turned vampires lost their appetite for food the second they were turned. Having normal food would make me sick. It's moments like these that reminded me why I didn't socialize with humanity much. It took too much to pretend to be human.

Suddenly it dawned on me, "wait, so you opened my fridge?"

The view of blood bags scattered in there should've been enough to send her running. I opened it and noticed that they were all arranged on the top shelf neatly. Other items of human food were organized nicely inside. My eyes enlarged and I turned to her in a panic.

"I know you mentioned you were sick. I just didn't know how bad it was," she said quietly as she looked down at the food she was cooking.

Was she really that dense? There was no way I got out of this without an explanation. "You're not curious?"

"Back home we really didn't share things that shouldn't be brought up. Sickness is something that happens rarely with my family, but when it does, it's polite not to talk about it," Mari finished preparing the eggs and placed more on my plate than she placed on hers.

The sound of toast leaping up caused me to flinch slightly. I never used any of these appliances. I bought the place pre-furnished so they had everything that was needed here. I didn't even understand how half of them worked.