24. Parallels Beyond

SR: Goth Babe - Underwater

Twenty-Four.

Eryn.

Bright lights flashed across my face. Ringing echoed in my ears, causing me to wince. I smashed my eyes shut, pain bubbling throughout my chest. I couldn't breathe, something was lodged in my throat. I regurgitated up water and sputtered, retching up what was left.

"Get up!"

The stern voice of someone in front of me shouted.

I opened my eyelids one by one, my blurred vision taking in the figure before me.

The mermaid that nabbed Ami stood in front of me, shirtless, and his body wet.

I turned over to my back and used my forearms to sit up.

"What do I owe the pleasure?" I smirked, unease spreading over me. Nausea teased the edges of my stomach.

"She would rather fuck a dickless guy rather than a real man," he chuckled, roughly grabbing my arm, "Some things still cease to amaze me."

"Ah, you must be Jasper," I grinned. My smile faltered as I darted my eyes at my arm, wondering why I wasn't able to feel his grip around me.

"What'd you do?" I asked hoarsely, trying to struggle in his hold. I expected my arm to move and push him off me, but instead, it twitched.

Jasper chuckled, "there are things of this ocean, that not even the land dwellers know about. Do you have any memory before you passed out?"

My brows knitted in confusion. I remember Flynn heading toward the cavern... I widened my eyes.

"He threw a powdered substance on me." The remnants of the powder that was thrown on me earlier embedded itself into my skin. It must've been something that could knock me out.

Flynn was a slick cockbiter. He was clever trying to get me to lunge toward him, all so he could throw powder in my face. I guess he was quick to make his little mermaid prince happy.

"Yes, do you like it? It had a paralyzing effect, but it must've put you to sleep as well. That works out perfectly."

I needed blood.

"It's not often I get myself captured by people," I shrugged, acting indifferent. The only thing that worried me was the simple, yet most important problem.

I was underwater.

I could try and kill Jasper, drain all his blood, and then figure out a way how to get out of here on my own. I didn't know how far away I was from the surface, nor land. How long could I hold my breath until I reach the surface?

I glanced up at Jasper, but he was fast, landing a swift kick to my stomach.

I doubled over and gagged, coughing as the pain left me breathless. It wasn't hard enough to break a bone, but my side screamed when I tried to take a deep breath.

Jasper stepped over me, using the heel of his foot to keep me on my back. I snarled, wishing I had enough strength to throw him to the ground and sink my teeth into his skin.

"You're not going to get out of here. You're going to tell me everything we want to know." He bound my wrists with a metal loop in the ground.

I slouched forward, tugging on the chain that kept me on my knees. I pulled harder this time, hissing in pain as the metal pressed painfully against my skin.