One

JISUNG

Please go slower, please go slower, please go slower...

"Okay, class dismissed!"

Fuck it.

I rested my head on the table while the other students eagerly get out of their seats and pack their things up. I groaned in frustration, not wanting to leave my seat.

"Jisung? What's wrong? Don't you wanna go home?"

I looked up only to meet with the eyes of Seungmin and Felix. "Definitely not, I want to stay here. Ugh, why did time flew so fast?!"

"Who even the fuck wants class to go slower?!" Felix asked.

"Well, apparently, this squirrel does." Seungmin replied, referring to me. 

"Look, it's not the reason you think it is." I told them.

"Then what is it?" Felix asked.

"You see, my mom wants to arrange me with someone I don't even know!"

"Why would she do that?" Felix asked.

"Because he's the sole heir of the Han family, and things like this are normal within riches." Seungmin replied.

"If this was normal, then why are the two of you not getting arranged?!"

Seungmin shrugged, "Guess our parents are nice."

I groaned, "I hate my life."

"Hey, don't be too sad! You'll never know, maybe the guy is actually hot." Felix said.

"That's obviously not gonna make me better, Lee Felix."

He shrugged, "Well, it's not like you have a choice. I mean..." He then pointed to the door, "Your bodyguard is waiting for you already."

I rolled my eyes and groaned again, "Yeah, fuck this life."

* * * * *

"I don't wanna go inside."

"I'm sorry Young Master, but Mrs. Han is already waiting for you inside."

"Nope. Nuh-uh. I am not gonna go inside."

"Then that leaves me no choice—"

"Okay, fine!"

I rolled my eyes before stubbornly twisting the door knob to enter the mansion. My mother was already sitting on the couch, sipping on her coffee.

"Mrs. Han, he's here."

Mother glanced at me and gave me a smile, "Jisung! Come here and let us talk."

I groaned, rolling my eyes before walking towards my mother and sitting at the couch.

"What?" I asked stubbornly.

"Now, now, Han Jisung. Where are your manners?"

I gave out a sarcastic smile, "Yes mother?"

She nodded, "Mhm, much better. Now, let's talk about our plans for your future. You see," She said, taking out some folders with some papers and shits on it. "There's this guy I would like you to meet. I assume by now that you probably know what this is all about right?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, mother."

"Good, well this person I want you to meet is," She then dropped the papers in front of me, the paper on top revealing a young man around my age, probably a bit older, "Lee Minho."

My eyes widened upon hearing his name. I've heard of him. Lee Minho, he's Felix's cousin, but Felix hasn't told me much about him. There are rumors though, and the rumors are not just as good as you think.

"Lee Minho?" I repeated.

"Yes, and you are going to meet him soon. Your father and I, together with Minho's parents, we have discussed about the future plans that may be beneficial for the Lee and Han family. In conclusion, we have decided that combining the business of both families would be a great deal for us."

"Mother, there are other ways for our business to grow."

"Of course, we know that, son. But having you marry Lee Minho would be a much easier path."

"I'm sorry mother, but I refuse to agree with your decision."

"Han Jisung, you're lucky enough I will be engaging you to a guy, as I know your real sexuality. Or do you want me to engage you to a girl instead?"

"Heck no."

"Well then you have no choice but to agree to this decision that your father and I made."

"Mother, isn't there any other way? I don't even know him!"

"Han Jisung, you know very well there is another way. But would you really want that?"

I bit my lip, not knowing what to say.

She nodded, "Mhm, you sure don't."

"I still refuse to be engaged with him."

"Nope, you are going to abide by your parents' decisions."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Mother, please! No!"

"I'm sorry, Han Jisung. But the decision is final. You, my child, are getting married with Lee Minho."

I groaned, "I hate this."

"Look, it may not be that bad! After all, you're just going to get engaged, you're not gonna be married just yet."

"Yeah, as if that makes the situation better."

"I personally think the two of you are a perfect match. Who knows? The two of you might even end up falling in love with each other."

I scoffed, "Like hell that would happen."

* * * * *

Okay I am out of ideas sooo this ends the first chapter :) really though, the first chapters in my books are always the shortest. Coincidence? I think nah, maybe because it's just part of my writing style? Dunno.

And wow, I have only published the prologue and yet this book has already reached 212 reads?! Askndjkazsk you guys are amazing 😩❤️

Lots of love! <3